Potato fritters or similiar

noonesgirl, Jul 27, 12:41am
Have mashed potato over & want to make some kind of fritter to go with schnitzel etc.

pheebs1, Jul 27, 12:50am
type potatoe fritter into search on you left but make sure you put anytime in the date posted section

lots there, i would personally add corn cooked onions and perhaps a little flour, egg cheese or courgette grated
yum

do let us know how it went

beaker59, Jul 27, 1:31am
Personally I would just fry small patties in butter. But as said add in a few other bits you might like.

The search thing gets a lttle irritating as it implies its all already been said which is a bit sad for us newbys.

motorbo, Jul 27, 1:42am
generally if you have mashed potatoe its not gonna work, if you fry it you will get it going a bit runny too, i would make bubble and squeak outta it ... ... . . hmmm i might have that tonight :)

darlingmole, Jul 27, 1:57am
why not roll into balls then roll in bread crumbs and make those (over the top expensive! ) pom-poms?

noonesgirl, Jul 27, 5:00am
Yes, last time I made them with cheese, egg etc they did go runy & loooked more like crunchy fried potato,

rainrain1, Jul 27, 5:09am
Leftover mashed potatoes (about a quart)
1 onion sliced
1 egg
1 cup grated cheese
Flour
Salt and Pepper
Combine mashed potatoes, onion, egg, and cheese. . Shape into large size balls. Roll into flour and flatten into patties. Melt butter in pan and brown for about 5 minutes on either side. Salt and papper to taste. Don't forget to roll them in the flour it helps keep them together

noonesgirl, Jul 27, 5:36am
Sound yum. Will let you know how they turn out!

grannypam, Jul 27, 5:43am
I make something similar only that I mix a handful of flour into the spud then form the mix into a long roll and cut into slices then fry. .

eyepatch, Jul 27, 5:49am
just made these and used red onion and added chilli flakes. nom nom nommy snack, especially with some sweet thai chilli sauce on the side and a smidge of sourcream. =)

rainrain1, Jul 27, 5:56am
Thanks. . great going guys, I haven't made them for ages but remembered they were pretty tasty... :-)

ruby19, Jul 27, 6:08am
Try these from chef in you, the sound amazing

http://chefinyou.com/2010/07/aloo-bonda-recipe/

motorbo, Jul 27, 6:16am
god they look yum

ruby19, Jul 27, 6:27am
Motorbo, that sight has really good indiam recipes, the mali kofta one is lovely.

eastie3, Jul 27, 6:27am
Thanks for the link ruby19, I love finding good new foodie sites.

motorbo, Jul 27, 6:46am
omg i was busy before and now ive just gone back to that page to find it has a gluten free section and those snacks are gluten free am thrilled thank you, happy reading tonight :) for me cos of u sweety! ! ! ! !

noonesgirl, Dec 4, 11:56am
A1 rainrain. All enjoyed. Thax