Corn Fritters

jdm_y0, Mar 12, 10:48pm
can you make them using corn kernels not cream corn? i cant find a recipe for just kernels

auntlb, Mar 12, 10:49pm
I use either

idgit1969, Mar 12, 10:51pm
You can use whole kernel corn. I do! I don't use cream corn in my fritters.

toadfish, Mar 12, 10:55pm
I empty a 1 x drained can of corn into a bowl, add 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp Baking powder, 1 Egg and a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.. the add milk to the right consistency....

shantilyoz, Mar 12, 11:00pm
i use bothand have used frozen corn as well i also mueli(sp) other veges to up the vege quota for the kids

jcprotea, Mar 12, 11:16pm
Here is one I have from my collection of recipes:

Corn Fritters:

Ingredients:
3 cobs of corn
1 small red onion finely diced
1/2 a cup of grated cheese
1/2 a cup of flour
1/2 a tsp of baking powder
1/4 of a cup of red capsicum finely diced
3 eggs
salt and pepper, oil for frying.

Method:
1. Strip the husks from the cobs of corn. Hold the cob upright and remove corn kernels
2. Put two thirds of the corn kernels into the blender and rest into a bowl, add the onion, capsicum and cheese.
3. Crack the eggs into blender, along with salt and pepper. Add the flour and baking powder and mix again. Put the contents of the bowl into blender and pulse a couple of times to combine.
4. Tip the mixture into a bowl and set aside. Heat oil in pan. Lightly fry spoonfuls of batter, turning once first side is cooked.

tawera_moeke, Mar 13, 12:49am
hellow my name is maia iam 9 my whanau just made some corn fritters and they were YUMMY!!! thank you

jenner4, Mar 13, 1:51am
Oh that is so sweet , I came in to have a look as I love corn fritters , I make them like Toadfish but we make Guacamole to go with it with lots of coriander in it and a bit of fresh chilli and some times bacon and a salad , now I'm hungry.
keep safe Maia and all the best to your Whanau

jessie981, Mar 13, 2:03am
Tonights tea thanx toadfish.

toadfish, Mar 13, 2:56am
They really don't get much easier than that.Glad you like them.
Sorry the post was so brief, I was in the middle of posting when my daughter arrived home from "Round the Bays"

I have seen a version where you seperate the yolk and whisk up the white till stiff peaks form and then fold it through.. would make for a lighter fritter I woud imagine.

But as I said it doesn't get much easier....

jenner4, Mar 13, 7:13am
Yes but not as tasty, not much body

seniorbones, Mar 13, 7:19am
and crispy bacon..great for brunch with what you have said and tomatoe chilli jam on the side :-0)

oscar1969, Mar 13, 8:45am
I have the same recipe, Its very YUMMIE!!!

jdm_y0, Mar 13, 10:48pm
can you make them using corn kernels not cream corn! i cant find a recipe for just kernels

idgit1969, Mar 13, 10:51pm
You can use whole kernel corn. I do! I don't use cream corn in my fritters.

toadfish, Mar 13, 10:55pm
I empty a 1 x drained can of corn into a bowl, add 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp Baking powder, 1 Egg and a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. the add milk to the right consistency.

tawera_moeke, Mar 14, 12:49am
hello my name is maia i am 9 my whanau just made some corn fritters and they were YUMMY! thank you

jenner4, Mar 14, 1:51am
Oh that is so sweet , I came in to have a look as I love corn fritters , I make them like Toadfish but we make Guacamole to go with it with lots of coriander in it and a bit of fresh chilli and some times bacon and a salad , now I'm hungry.
keep safe Maia and all the best to your Whanau

toadfish, Mar 14, 2:56am
They really don't get much easier than that.Glad you like them.
Sorry the post was so brief, I was in the middle of posting when my daughter arrived home from "Round the Bays"

I have seen a version where you seperate the yolk and whisk up the white till stiff peaks form and then fold it through. would make for a lighter fritter I woud imagine.

But as I said it doesn't get much easier.

seniorbones, Mar 14, 7:19am
and crispy bacon.great for brunch with what you have said and tomatoe chilli jam on the side :-0)

oscar1969, Mar 14, 8:45am
I have the same recipe, Its very YUMMIE!