Ginger Beer or dry ginger ale for Corn beef?

corgi731, Apr 4, 7:41pm
I'm doing a corn beef in the crock pot, i've never tried it with with ginger beer or ale before.Which one is best to get? Anyone have any ideas?

andrew499, Apr 4, 7:51pm
Hi.The recipe I have says a 1.5 litre bottle dry ginger ale, one tablespoon honey and one tablespoon ground ginger.This is joan Bishop's recipe.i tried it last week and it was delicious.
Cheers

tarshlove, Apr 4, 7:52pm
I use ginger beer however I think you can use either :o)

corgi731, Apr 4, 7:55pm
Yay awesome, thanks heaps.... I'll give it a crack

purplegoanna, Apr 4, 9:09pm
i tried it and didnt like it so have gone back to the vinegar, brown sugar and bay leaf way....

chooky, Apr 4, 9:16pm
I tried it a couple of weeks ago and it was yummy. Got home from work and the house smelt lovely of ginger.

petal1955, Apr 4, 9:33pm
I use 2 x bottles (1.5 l) of ginger ale and a whole orange cut into quaters skin included .........and corned beef really tastes nice...BUT if you want to make the Mustard sauce you would have to revert back to the golden syrup and vinegar recipe.

corgi731, Apr 4, 9:35pm
oh no really? I did want to make mustard sauce but just put in a bottle of ginger beer.... stink

corgi731, Apr 5, 7:41pm
I'm doing a corn beef in the crock pot, i've never tried it with with ginger beer or ale before.Which one is best to get! Anyone have any ideas!

andrew499, Apr 5, 7:51pm
Hi.The recipe I have says a 1.5 litre bottle dry ginger ale, one tablespoon honey and one tablespoon ground ginger.This is joan Bishop's recipe.i tried it last week and it was delicious.
Cheers

corgi731, Apr 5, 7:55pm
Yay awesome, thanks heaps. I'll give it a crack

purplegoanna, Apr 5, 9:09pm
i tried it and didnt like it so have gone back to the vinegar, brown sugar and bay leaf way.

petal1955, Apr 5, 9:33pm
I use 2 x bottles (1.5 l) of ginger ale and a whole orange cut into quaters skin included .and corned beef really tastes nice.BUT if you want to make the Mustard sauce you would have to revert back to the golden syrup and vinegar recipe.

corgi731, Apr 5, 9:35pm
oh no really! I did want to make mustard sauce but just put in a bottle of ginger beer. stink