Beer can chicken

pisces47, Jan 1, 7:39am
Probably not the correct name but a friend said he had heard of some one that had put a can of beer inside a chicken and cooked it.Is the beer supposed to heat up and coat the inside of the chicken and cook it.Any info would be welcome as this appeals to my adventurist cooking ways.Many thanks

cookessentials, Jan 1, 7:45am
You can buy the apparatus at Mitre10

toeblister, Jan 1, 7:50am
Hi pisces47 the other day i bought a little gadget (stainless steel frame) from a kitchen shop.It said to place the can of beer in the frame and then place the chicken over it, like um the can then sat in the cavity of the chicken. Then pull the lid down on the BBQ.The chicken was beautiful however, cant say it was any different to the ones I cook in the oven. 'But hubby certainly enjoyed trying something different on the barbi!

cookessentials, Jan 1, 7:56am
There is one that you can get which is similar toeblister,except it has a canister in it in which you put herbs,marinades etc. It looks like this:

http://www.norpro.com/store/products/ss-vertical-roaster-winfuser-10oz-infuser-capacity

casperf, Dec 27, 3:17pm
My mum tried this and while it was nice, I too thought a normal rotisserie chicken was just as good - but it was fun trying something different!