Easy beef and beer receipe for crockpot

redhead21, Mar 17, 3:47am
PLEASE..... :)

riversdale28, Mar 17, 4:26am
place beef with can beer and packet onion soup...very nice...

redhead21, Mar 17, 11:58pm
simple enough will give it a go.... guess I can thicken the sauce at the end.... :)

1dragonfly, Mar 18, 2:27am
yeah, just use a bit of cornflour. Dont forget to season it though or it will taste of not much! I also add onion, carrot and celery...

kimmac, Mar 18, 3:43am
I have used this a few times...

BEEF & BEER CASSEROLE

600-700g chuck or other stewing steak
2 medium onions finely chopped
1-2 cloves or 1-2 tsp garlic finely chopped
2 rashers bacon chopped (optional but tastes great)
about 2 tsp oil
1-1 1/2 cups freshly opened or flat beer
1 Tbs golden syrup or treacle
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 - 1 tsp salt.

Turn the cooker onto high and coat with non-stick spray. Cut the meat into 2cm cubes, discarding the fat but leaving the connective tissue since it tenderizes as it cooks. Place in the cooker.

Lightly brown the prepared onions, garlic and bacon if used, in the oil in a large fry pan for about 5 minutes. Meantime put the remaining ingredients in with the meat using the smaller amount of salt if you have added bacon earlier. Add the pan contents when ready, stir fry everything together and put on the lid.

Turn the heat down to LOW and cook for 6-8 hours. Taste before serving, adding extra salt or brown sugar if necessary. About 15 minutes before serving thicken the liquid with cornflour mixed to a thin paste with cold water and turn the heat to high.

If you plan on adding the following dumplings turn cooker back to high one hour before you plan to eat. Check seasonings but do not thicken sauce since dumplings will do this

redhead21, Mar 18, 3:47am
PLEASE. :)

carolyn20, Mar 18, 3:52am
I've made the Beef & Beer recipe posted by kimmac numerous times - I usually also add herbs like rosemary or thyme.It's so delicious - I usually do the dumplings but I have also used this as a pie filling.

riversdale28, Mar 18, 4:26am
place beef with can beer and packet onion soup.very nice.

redhead21, Mar 18, 11:58pm
simple enough will give it a go. guess I can thicken the sauce at the end. :)

1dragonfly, Mar 19, 2:27am
yeah, just use a bit of cornflour. Dont forget to season it though or it will taste of not much! I also add onion, carrot and celery.

kimmac, Mar 19, 3:43am
I have used this a few times.

BEEF & BEER CASSEROLE

600-700g chuck or other stewing steak
2 medium onions finely chopped
1-2 cloves or 1-2 tsp garlic finely chopped
2 rashers bacon chopped (optional but tastes great)
about 2 tsp oil
1-1 1/2 cups freshly opened or flat beer
1 Tbs golden syrup or treacle
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 - 1 tsp salt.

Turn the cooker onto high and coat with non-stick spray. Cut the meat into 2cm cubes, discarding the fat but leaving the connective tissue since it tenderizes as it cooks. Place in the cooker.

Lightly brown the prepared onions, garlic and bacon if used, in the oil in a large fry pan for about 5 minutes. Meantime put the remaining ingredients in with the meat using the smaller amount of salt if you have added bacon earlier. Add the pan contents when ready, stir fry everything together and put on the lid.

Turn the heat down to LOW and cook for 6-8 hours. Taste before serving, adding extra salt or brown sugar if necessary. About 15 minutes before serving thicken the liquid with cornflour mixed to a thin paste with cold water and turn the heat to high.

If you plan on adding the following dumplings turn cooker back to high one hour before you plan to eat. Check seasonings but do not thicken sauce since dumplings will do this

carolyn20, Mar 19, 3:52am
I've made the Beef & Beer recipe posted by kimmac numerous times - I usually also add herbs like rosemary or thyme.It's so delicious - I usually do the dumplings but I have also used this as a pie filling.