Ginger Beer Recipes

djpablonz, May 6, 6:35am
My partner had decide to make Ginger Beer from bugs. He isn't having much success as they don't taste of ginger - more like lemon as the recipe he uses calls for the juice of 2 lemons.
Any ideas how to fix this or any new recipes for him to try.
Thanks

pickles7, May 6, 7:10am
bugs???

tatts2, May 6, 7:22am
Try using dead bugs..

djpablonz, May 6, 7:34am
Bugs "ginger beer bugs or plant"

macandrosie, May 6, 7:41am
I make a simple recipe; fill a 1.5 litre coke bottle to half with warm water, add 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar & 1tsp yeast granules (not surebake yeast) & 1 tsp ginger powder. Lid on & give a good shake to dissolvesugar then top up. Leave in a warm place until bottle becomes tight. (up to 24 hours) Last time I made it I told my son to open it over the sink as it's pretty fizzy, well that wasn't the half of it! We couldn't contain it at all & it exploded & drenched my entire kitchen, ginger beer dripping from the roof & walls, talk about a "baptism by beer"!!! Best to open outside, but it is nice just the same if you actually end up with any!!!

harrislucinda, May 6, 8:21am
mineis1/4tspbreadyeast3tspgroundginger
1/2tspcreamoftartar2tlbsplemonjuice
1cupsugarputallinto a1 .5ltrbottlefill withwarmwater
shakeandleave24hrsbecarefulwhenopening

lindylambchops1, May 6, 8:34am
I make two bottles of this every few days.Love it!

pickles7, May 6, 8:44am
got me thinking bout bed bugs,

pickles7, May 6, 8:47am
Not to be brewed in glass I take it.... Once one bottle goes they all go. lol I learnt to put them in a plastic bag inside a carton, after I had a dozen bottles blow under the house. messssssseeeeeee

mybooks, May 6, 8:55am
Try reducing to using one lemon, and add some finely grated fresh ginger or a little more ground ginger.

djpablonz, May 6, 9:20am
Thanks Mybooks - I will pass that on to the man. :D

hilt_dwane, May 6, 11:22am
Chill your ginger beer before attempting to open it - reduces the risk of it blowing its top