PAUA FRITTERS...??

devalois, Aug 3, 10:21pm
Just given around 500gm minced paua and want to do it justice... it's years since I made Paua fritters... . any ideas? ? ? Thanks! ! devalois

jan2242, Aug 3, 11:32pm
Found this one but no idea how many grams 6 pauas would be.

Prepare 1 chopped onion and 6 pauas minced

To a mixing bowl: add to 1 cup of flour 1 teaspoon of baking powder
teaspoon of salt and 1 egg
Mix in the minced Paua and onion, as well as some finely chopped parsley,
then add cup of milk or more to make a fritter mix (not to stiff).
Fry in oil at a low temperature and serve.

fisher, Aug 4, 1:36am
Paua ~ Fritters
100% minced paua, some finely diced onion, a few small pieces of pre~fried bacon and some finely chopped tomato.
Add salt and pepper and mix all together. Fry in a mixture of olive oil and butter

samsara11, Aug 4, 2:05am
I use a basic batter i. e. 1cup flour, 1 tsp bp, 1 egg and milk to mix to stiff batter. Add paua and grated lemon rind.

darlingmole, Aug 4, 4:41am
you are SOOOOO lucky devalois~! I often wonder why I don't get given gourmet/luxury food. Ah well, you it enjoy it for both of us

kcak, Aug 4, 9:16pm
x1
I recently made paua fritters and did not use as much flour as the other posters - just enough to hold it all together really. My basic recipe includes finely chopped onion, egg, flour & baking powder, salt & pepper, curry powder & chopped coriander. I use this for all shellfish fritters - tuatua, pipi & mussel. Fry in butter & oil.

linsday1, Aug 4, 9:31pm
I too use a similar recipe but add finely chopped tomatoes, the trick for real scrummy fritters is 'do not use much flour' that makes them like a piklet come fritter option ' no thanks...

wildflower, Aug 5, 4:16am
Lucky buggers, can't remember the last time I had a paua fritter. Enjoy:)

fisher, Aug 5, 4:32am
or like post #3 dont use ANY flour at all :}

tullyann, Jan 1, 5:13pm
no floursquess all Paua in cloth tea towel or cheese cloth, to get rid off excess juice
then add 1 potato
an large onion
an a eggbeaten
mix all together into patteespepper no salt
so yummmypan fry(so jelous )