Recipes - Circle of Friends!!!

Page 3 / 382
indy95, Jul 8, 11:39pm
What a good idea this is ! I was a TM member ( although not actually active ) for quite a while before I discovered the messageboard and when I found Recipes it was as though Xmas and my birthday had arrived on the same day ! I also firmly believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question in here, or anywhere else for that matter, and this is a great way to pass on whatever knowhow we have gained. Long may it last !

ttwisty, Jul 8, 11:54pm
hi everyone i know i don't post here very much but i do enjoy the lovely recipes on here

greg.n.michelle, Jul 9, 12:39am
Hello to all I have meet and to those I have nearly met. . grins (but will one day) and to those I just plain enjoy gidday with, I have not posted for ages the tone was becoming to negative to bother, Well done charlie nice way to bring long time posters together again. I to started out in recipes and seldom go else were on Trademe. I love reading about new ways of doing things or new recipes and enjoying sharing what little knowledge I have. For those who dont know a year ago we sold our home in the city and moved to a life style block and am now growing beef lamb and got chooks planting out an orchard and a veg garden so have gone from lots of dinner parties and entertaining to preserves and jams and ways to cook lots of eggs! ! ! some are given away and some are sold... and easy dinners (as I dont want to come inside) not so many foodie dinners as most people find the hour or so drive a bit daunting esp with no street lights! ! ! well thats me and again nice to see old names and friends here.

vintagekitty, Jul 9, 12:59am
Great thread, thumbs up!

valentino, Jul 9, 1:04am
donald6,
great to see you had posted,
I for one really appreciate your "Chicken Laksa" recipe.

All my international students in the last few years have always commented of your recipe, they all thoroughly enjoy it.

Thought I let you know.

Cheers.

cookessentials, Jul 9, 1:09am
Oooh, i AM envious! We lived rurally for five years down here until last July when we bought a house in town and the shop all at the same time! We have come to the conclusion that rural is where we want to be - it will come, eventually, but at present, we are about two minutes drive from the shop, so it is a means to an end. We still have our chooks ( as the section is plenty big enough) and our vegetable garden, but I do miss the quiet rural life, that's for sure! The amount of great ideas, tips, tricks and wonderful recipes is so wonderful and makes it a great place to come. It is such a pleasant change to have some of the original posters back, so dont be strangers! ! and it is great to hopefully get more of the great ideas and recipes flowing again and encouraging novices to pop in and ask any question they like and know they will get a kind and helpful answer.

charlieb2, Jul 9, 1:17am
So good to see everyone joining in! ! !

fisher, Jul 9, 6:01am
Yup goodo charlieb2 ... lets hope the demeanor of some can keep it seemly and just simply have fun with all this. . Don't take things to heart and hold grudges. . It's a recipe board for sharing recipes that's all. . Keep ya preaching where it belongs. . Put up ideas, methods, recipes and let others do the same without the agro of superiority and "my dogs bigger than yours". . Sharing and Caring... I'm glad to be part of this and hope I have turned folks onto using more herbs for enhancement over the years of my postings. . and had a part of new cookies making better dishes for their families and given some great tips. . I have forced early retirement due to major illnesses. . yup lots of them. . :[I was lucky enough to sell our house for WAY OVER its value because someone wanted it desperately and then settle here in Cable Bay Northland with the ability to have a great vege garden and a wife that's not afraid of hard work to get it how we wanted. . I open my blinds in the morning and look out to sea and its different every day. . Life's great. . foods great. . its our life force. . Life's too short for the agro... let's get this board back to how it was...

eastie3, Jul 9, 6:59am
x1
Another fan of this thread. I have had some very basic questions answered with great goodwill and humour, and I am grateful for that and I do try and help other cooks in return.

Good idea charlieb2 !

charlieb2, Jul 9, 7:24am
So true fisherman... Life is TOO SHORT. .

I've had several reminders of that just lately... . .

Live and let live... .

cookessentials, Jul 9, 7:40am
Amen.

toeblister, Jul 9, 8:30am
Hello all I have relied apon this thread for 1 year now. When I say 'relied' on, I lost my beloved twin sister just over a year ago we both loved to cook and often exchanged recipes. I found the 'community board' by chance which then lead me to the recipe section. I became pre-occupied with all the lovely recipes people were posting and it renewed my interest in cooking. I remember plucking up the courage to ask for advice with 'baking bread' to which 'Korbo' so kindly and promply replied. (I bake bread to her recipe very nearly every night, perfect every time! )
I recall 'cookessentials' so kindly giving me advice with a 'fruit cake'. I clearly remember 'brianmac' sharing kindly tips. The list goes on... . . What I want to say tonight to all you wonderful people who shared your wonderful talents is thank you, thank you, thank you, you gave me more than just 'many a good recipe' these last 12 months, you gave me a place to come... ... ... and feel cherry.

elliehen, Jul 9, 8:43am
Now that could almost be a Mission Statement for the Recipes MB :)

I believe that no question is ever trivial if the answer is important to the person asking, and it doesn't matter at all if the same question gets asked - and answered - over and over.

cookessentials, Jul 9, 9:49am
Hi toeblister, so pleased that you have got your mojo back and are enjoying cooking again after losing your Sister. Glad that youare enjoying making the bread and probably lots of other great things. By the way, I am brianmac too. Only too pleased to offer what ever help I can for you.

cookessentials, Jul 9, 10:10am
TTogether
EEveryone
AAchieves
MMore

donald6, Jul 9, 11:16am
Mr D seconds the thoughts of everyone here. He has done a lot of cooking from here & gone from being a can opener cook to being able to make muffins, casseroles & lemon meringue pie! Thanks valentino, glad the laska was a hit.

fisher, Jul 9, 11:29am
"can opener cook" ==classic . . so funny:}

juliewn, Jul 9, 12:33pm
Hi Everyone. . a lovely thread Charlie. . :-) and nice to see all the posts...

I've been away for a while and in your part of the country Pam, saying farewell to our lovely Aunt and spending time with family there. . home today, and one of the first things to do online is to catch up with 'Recipes'. . :-)

I enjoy being part of the messageboard here too. . there's always something to learn and something to share. .

May Trademe 'Recipes' long continue. . :-)

toadfish, Jul 9, 6:24pm
It's so nice to have that recipe feel back again... . all the old names coming out from hiding. There is nothing quite like a meal to bring people together, I had my Ma & Pa over last night... they arrived as I arrived home from work. . but then sat at the breakfast bar while I got things ready... a glass of red in everyones hands... and a nice way to connect after a busy week. Family eating is important in this house and I like to try to live up to hubbies name for me... . "domestic goddess".
I like to try new things (245Sams red meatballs was the latest trial - nom nom nom) And I like to feed my family good nutritious, well balanced food, while not breaking the bank.

WELCOME BACK RECIPES

toadfish, Jul 9, 6:27pm
You mentioned names from the past... I remember complaining about my user name... If I had realised it was going to be used on a message board I would have been "twinkle" or "sparkle" ... certainly wouldn't have chosen hubbies old nickname when we joined trademe. Then an old member piped up ... . lucky you didn't get my hubbies nickname and her user name was "Oldbaldgoat"I haven't seen "Oldbaldgoat" post in years. but at the time I remember laughing... ...

lynja, Jul 9, 7:55pm
i have never sold anything on TM (must give that another try! ! ha ha) but love this thread, check it EVERY morning, wonderful advice and interesting and useful recipes.

willman, Jul 9, 8:21pm
Found some great recipes on here and have added a couple. Great friendly people, nice to pop into this thread.

nfh1, Jul 9, 10:27pm
The Stack of Recipes site is a little strange - just copies the threads and recipes from here - I don't get it!

On the Blog page there is no Blog just details of how to do a recipe - it is the oddest thing. Why would you bother? ? ?

fastlanenz, Jul 9, 10:31pm
It doesn't make a lot of sense, and I don't know why I'm being ultra cautious on this particularly, just a gut feel. Why also, would they go to the bother of editing threads too? Right, off to enjoy this glorious sunshine! xx

nfh1, Jul 9, 10:34pm
I had not noticed the editing - I suppose that will be to take out any reference to themselves! ! What a waste of time! !

Edited to say -

I see those references are not removed - even stranger! ! !