Rolly polly recipes please

flopsie, Feb 14, 2:48am
I want to make a jam rolly polly desert.I remember as a kid having this.Sort of a scone base with jam in it and laying in a yummy sauce.My ma can't find the recipe.Cheers.

parryduck, Feb 14, 3:15am
Ohhhh I LOVED that dessert as a child, my mum used to make a cracker! I don't have the recipe unfortunately

flopsie, Feb 14, 3:19am
Someone may come to the rescue if we're patient Parry.

grannymum, Feb 14, 3:29am
Roly Poly: Very old recipe
2 cups flour, 3oz fat, 2 level teasp baking powder, salt, apples, fruit or jam
rub fat into flour, add BP & salt.Mix to a firm dough with cold water. Roll out & cover with peeled, sliced & sweetened fruit or jam.Roll up, turn in ends & place in a dish.Add one & a half cups hot milk, sprinkle with sugar & bake at 400 % 40-45 mins.

fifie, Feb 14, 3:38am
Oooh remember making this in the winter, kids loved it. My version.
Apricot Jam Roly Poly. Make up a scone mixture with Self raising flour, spread out to a oblong. Spread with Apricot jam roll up into a roll place in a ovenproof greased dish with the join underneath.
Mix 2 cups boiling water, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup sugar till butter melted sugar disssolved then pour gently into pudding dish at side Bake inpreheated 180c oven till golden and cooked about 40-45 minutes. Cut slices to serve, spoon over sauce and a dollop of icecream....

flopsie, Apr 17, 10:00am
Thankyou Granny and Fifie