Anyone know the name/address of that food place...

leanne03, Jul 4, 2:41am
or supermarket place in Auckland that sells all the goods close to or past their best before or used by date? ? I remember seeing it on tv months ago and forgot to write it down. If anyone knows the place I'm mumbling on about please please write back - thanks so much!

leanne03, Jul 4, 2:50am
nevermind :-) found it in general discussion (was "Reduced to Clear")

tinker6, Jul 4, 8:59am
What are in Auckland is it in? ?

tehenga288, Jul 4, 9:37am
There's one in Papatoetoe & one in Henderson by KMart. Couple weeks ago I got McCoys ruby red grapefruit or Cranberry or Orange @ 2 for $2 - a really good buy.

poppy62, Jul 4, 9:41am
I went there last week and got the big boxes of cadbury chocolates for $4. 99 - nearly ruined my diet!

leanne03, Jul 5, 1:18am
:-) yes! I know the feeling! found it today - the Manukau one, is off Puhinui road, instead of turning left to go to the airport you go right - then about 100m or so on your right is Noel Burnswood Road and its down there on your left - about the size of a 4square shop. I got a couple of bags full of stuff - not really necessary food items though :-) more treats really than anything. Was kind of hoping for trays of baked beans etc but still was good :-)

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 5, 1:41am
there is also a near new shop on harris road called Why Knot? they are fantastic. very much the same as the reduced to clear shops but have a lot more grocery items. i get a bottle of soy sauce for 49cthey also have a large freezer area with sizzlers i think they were 4 for $5 but definitely worth a look! they are next to the nz safety shop and opposite fisher and paykel

EDIT oh yeah they also do toblerones 2 for $1how could i have forgot that :)

leanne03, Jul 5, 1:43am
oh sounds cool tipsy :-) thanks

mselaineous, Jul 5, 9:42am
Any places like those you mention in Ch-Ch ? It is going to get harder soon for us all to cope moneywise.

aktow, Jul 5, 12:21pm
Reduced To Clear

South Auckland : 18 Noel Burnside Drive (Previously Roscommon Road), Wiri.

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 6, 4:19am
no problem ;)

lythande1, Jul 6, 4:32am
We sell groceries online that are

* Close to or just past it's best before date
* End of packaging lines
* Packaging misprints
* A new design or change of pack size renders a deleted range
* Post Easter, Christmas, and clearance lines
* Under-performing newly launched products
* Cancelled export and import orders

Reduced to Clear does NOT SELL products that are past their use by or expiry date.

momma1, Jul 6, 11:37pm
i am fairly certain the box of chocolates i got from reduced to clear were months past due date and so far that the hokey pokey chocolate was soft and dark brown. still a cheap box of chocolates but not suitable for a gift and the reduced to clear shop was worth a look but it didn't have basic groceries and all we found to buy were chocolates and butter chicken mix

spotted, Jul 8, 7:51pm
Hi All,

I'm Hayden from Reduced To Clear. I Manage the website and I'm pleased to see the great feedback here. We Certainly take on board that our shipping rates can be a little confusing. We are looking to rectify this in August. Thanks to all who have been to our stores and shopped/browsed online. We really appreciate the support.

golfpunkgal, Oct 24, 9:06am
www.reducedtoclear.co.nz