Leader Brand Raspberry Dressing

denise60, Feb 17, 4:52am
I am hooked on the teeny weeny sachet of raspberry dressing that is in the Mesculun Salad put out by Leader. I have even phoned them to ask if they sell it in a bottle - alas they do not. Has anyone tried it or does anyone have a recipe that is similar. I have googled a few but would be keen to know if anyone has come up with a "match" ! ! Thanks :-)

waswoods, Feb 17, 6:55am
I also like it so I tried to make something similar and used oil, vinegar and raspberry jam with salt and pepper. It was very similar.

denise60, Feb 17, 7:24am
Thank you so much waswoods. I'm afraid I am a tad lazy when it comes to dressings and sauces. I usually just buy ready made ones but I will try your suggestion. Could I please be cheeky and ask what quantities of those ingreds you would use. How long do you reckon it would last in the fridge once made? Sorry - hope you don't regret replying Tee Hee ! ! ! :-)

waswoods, Feb 17, 7:27am
I honestly can't remember! I just added ingredients until it tasted right. Sorry I can't be of anymore help - have fun experimenting

cottagerose, Feb 18, 7:54am
cook essentials has a recipe for this if you put raspberry/strawberry vinagarette on the left and search for anytime

denise60, Feb 18, 11:14am
Thanks cottagerose - pardon my ignorance but is cook essentials a website. I have tried all types of combinations to google it and came up with nothing that gives you an opportunity to type in the key words on the left and "anytime". Would you mind sharing the web address please. Cheers :-)

rudyxblitz, Feb 18, 11:29am
There is one that some new worlds sell, its usually with the crushed garlic and dressings in the produce department :)

denise60, Feb 19, 1:15am
Ha Ha cottagerose "DING" the penny just dropped. What a bozo I am - sometimes I amaze my self Ha Ha. Found it - sounds great - gonna try that one too. Thanks rudyxblitz I will check out your suggestion too. Thanks again :-)

cottagerose, Feb 19, 8:43am
No problem. I didnt know about the messageboard search until someone on here mentioned it.
I too am going to try cook essentials dressing.

cherie, Feb 9, 5:43am
omg I'm hooked too and even better I can actually get the kids to eat salad if I put it on it - I'm a bozo too coz I can't figure out the cook essentials clue either - anyone prepared to spell it out to me in terms I'll understand!! hehe