½ cup caster sugar
3 cups water
zest of a lemon
¼ cup amaretto
150g mascarpone
1/3 cup caster sugar, extra
2 eggs, separated
200g white chocolate grated
20 Savoiardi biscuits (Italian light sponge finger biscuits)
2 punnets raspberries
1/3 cup flaked almonds, toasted

Place caster sugar, water and lemon zest in a saucepan. Slowly bring to the boil, stirring to ensure the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir through amaretto and set aside to cool slightly.

Mix together mascarpone, sugar and egg yolks. Make sure you do not over mix, or the mascarpone will "yellow".

Beat the egg whites until soft peaks. Fold through the mascarpone mixture along with the chocolate.

Dip the biscuits into the cooled sugar syrup. Line the base of a 20 x 26 dish with the biscuits.

Top with half the mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle over the raspberries. Top with another layer of the soaked biscuits, and the remaining mascarpone. Top with the almonds and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

cookessentials, Apr 24, 1:30am
MANGO AND PASSIONFRUIT TIRAMISU
1 cup (250ml) passionfruit pulp
1¾ cups (430ml) thickened cream
¼ cup (40g) icing sugar mixture
1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
1 cup (250g) mascarpone
½ cup (125ml) Malibu liqueur
4 medium mangoes (1. 7kg), chopped coarsely
1 cup (250ml) pineapple juice
250g savoiardi sponge finger biscuits

Strain passionfruit pulp over small bowl; reserve seeds and juice
separately.

Beat cream, icing sugar and rind in small bowl with electric mixer
until soft peaks form.

Transfer to medium bowl; fold in mascarpone and 2 teaspoons of liqueur.

Combine mango, passionfruit seeds and 2 teaspoons of remaining liqueur in medium bowl. Combine pineapple juice and remaining liqueur in medium bowl. Soak half of the sponge fingers, one at a time, in pineapple juice mixture.

Arrange soaked sponge fingers over base of shallow 2. 5-litre (10-cup) serving dish. Top with half of the mascarpone mixture; sprinkle with half of the mango mixture.

Repeat with remaining sponge fingers, pineapple mixture, mascarpone mixture and mango mixture. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.

griffo4, Apr 24, 7:26am
Yum thanks so much cookessentials l will make these next time the family come home especially the raspberry/white choc one

Just one question can l use frozen raspberries instead of fresh as we don't get them here?

cookessentials, Apr 24, 8:33am
Well, I suppose you could, although fresh would be better. Where abouts are you?

fruitluva2, Apr 24, 8:38am
How many would the first recipe serve? or both

seniorbones, Apr 24, 12:22pm
ooo... I'm having a dinner party on the 1st of may and was thinking of doing brulee for dessert but have changed my mind and printed out these recipes, thanks Pam

seniorbones, Apr 24, 12:24pm
oh but theres no sherry, not sure if I can have trifle without this in it!

seniorbones, Apr 24, 12:24pm
Tiramasu is my favourite anytime but this one sounds devine. I definatey will try this.

griffo4, Apr 25, 11:43pm
Cooks where can l get the Savoiardi biscuits as we only have a basic Woolies in town but in Whangarei there are all the major supermarkets and a Binn Inn as well TIA

cookessentials, Apr 26, 12:13am
you may get them from Woolies in the International section.

elliehen, Apr 26, 12:42am
Thanks SO much for these :)I'm sometimes at a loss for a very special dessert, because I don't want to risk a failure with costly ingredients.

griffo4 asks about using frozen raspberries. I freeze raspberries in January and use them regularly. What I would suggest - without having yet tried this recipe - is let them thaw, and drain off a little of the juice first. Frozen raspberries break down to a mush and 'bleed' profusely. Without draining excess juice away first, they might spoil the appearance of the dish (though not the flavour).

cookessentials, Apr 26, 1:20am
Yes, quite true elliehen, perhaps that is why the recipe calls for fresh ones, however they are not always available and when they are, they are only available at certain times of the year. i was always a bit spoilt, as we had raspberries, red and black currants and gooseberries at our last place and we were a bit late to get them in for this Summer just gone, but will def be looking at putting them in this year.

griffo4, May 15, 6:55am
Thanks cooks for this recipe it was a hit last night and the leftover bit was so nice for our pudding again and l used frozen raspberries while still frozen and they worked really well and they only bled a bit and it looked like l had done it in a swirl type pattern and looked really awesome
Thanks again

cookessentials, May 5, 1:43am
No problems, glad you enjoyed it.