Raspberry macaroons

didorothy, Dec 9, 10:10am
They sound/look delicious but no recipe Can you help!?

alegnak, Dec 9, 7:48pm
I just posted a recipe in the 'What have you baked today' thread.

didorothy, Dec 9, 8:44pm
Sorry alegnat but only a picture comes up. Like I really NEED them.

ttwisty, Dec 9, 11:46pm
scroll down further the recipe is there

rosathemad, Dec 10, 12:00am
My recipe plus process photos is here: http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/06/macarons.html

A couple of other points, regardless of the recipe you use:
- if you can, pulse the almonds and icing sugar in a food processor - even if the almonds are already ground they will be coarse and you won't get as smooth a finish if you miss this (they'll still taste good though!)
- preferably use powdered colour to avoid changing the consistency much - you can get this from cake decorating stores. Again, you can do it without but may compromise the result - they can be pretty finickety so I prefer to minimise the risk factors and leave as little to chance as I can. ;-)

Good luck!

melisk, May 31, 1:19am

theanimal1, May 31, 2:42am
Coconut Macaroons

4 large egg whites, room temperature
1C white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2C cake flour, sifted
3 cups sweetened shredded coconut

1. Whisk the egg whites, sugar and salt in a stainless steel bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
2. When the mixture is creamy and warm, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, flour and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 170°C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
4. Using a teaspoon, drop small amounts of the batter onto the baking sheets, leaving several inches in between.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully. Then dip in chocolate and leave to set.

theanimal1, May 31, 2:43am
White ChocolateAlmond MacaroonsGluten Free

Ingredients

4 egg whites
2 Tbsp Chelsea Caster Sugar
1 cup ground almonds
2 cups Chelsea Icing Sugar
1 Tbsp maize cornflour
1 cup white chocolate melts
Method

Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Beat egg whites until stiff then, while continuing to beat, slowly add the caster sugar. Stir in the remaining dry ingredients. Place tablespoons of mixture the prepared tray and bake for 18 - 20 minutes, until golden brown. Do not open the oven door while cooking. Remove from oven and cool on the tray.

To serve, glue pairs of macaroons together with melted white chocolate.

Makes: 36 biscuits

pom-pom, May 31, 4:03am
Macaroons have coconut. Macarons are the fancy french ones you glue together and make in lovely colours. When you google recipes you'll get thrown unless you type in 'macaron' !!

pom-pom, Jun 1, 4:03am
Macaroons have coconut. Macarons are the fancy french ones you glue together and make in lovely colours. When you google recipes you'll get thrown unless you type in 'macaron' !

didorothy, Dec 10, 10:10am
They sound/look delicious but no recipe Can you help!!

alegnak, Dec 10, 7:48pm
I just posted a recipe in the 'What have you baked today' thread.

rosathemad, Dec 11, 12:00am
My recipe plus process photos is here: http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/06/macarons.html

A couple of other points, regardless of the recipe you use:
- if you can, pulse the almonds and icing sugar in a food processor - even if the almonds are already ground they will be coarse and you won't get as smooth a finish if you miss this (they'll still taste good though!)
- preferably use powdered colour to avoid changing the consistency much - you can get this from cake decorating stores. Again, you can do it without but may compromise the result - they can be pretty finickety so I prefer to minimise the risk factors and leave as little to chance as I can. ;-)

Good luck!