Does anyone have a recipe for beer battered chips

jimness, Jun 2, 12:52am
that they have tried? Homemade pizza tomorrow with beer batter chips... yumm

pericles, Jun 2, 12:54am
Beer Batter Recipe
Before you start, drink one beer to check for quality. Good, isn’t it? Now go ahead.

Ingredients

1 case beer
1 cups flour
2 large eggs
1 onion
salt and pepper
fish
deep fryer
oil

Method

Get a shallow bowl, fork, salt, pepper, etc. Drink another beer. It must be just right. To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat.

With fork, mix flour in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of satl and imx again. Meanwhile, make sure that the beer is of the finest quality– drink another one. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 pinchers of epperp and mix till high. If yeg golk gets stuck in fork, just scrape it loose with a drewscriver. Drink another beer, checking for tonscisticity.

Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn’t matter which). Drink antoher reeb. Sift 1/2. Fold in chopped oninions and one babblespoon of bree, or whatever liquid you can find if you don’t want to waste beer. Wix mell. Have another beeber.

Pour oil in turn and fry deep fater to higher. Dump ifsh into miexd tabber. Now dropped fillettettes into feep dat rfyer and kooc. Drink the rest of the beer, plug unfry ther and bo to ged.

jimness, Jun 2, 1:01am
lolthanks pericles - that has me rolling around my kitchen cracking up laughing. I started to read the ingredients and thought what the heck... . they have made a typo lol.

pericles, Jun 2, 1:02am
found that on a fising site.
had my first beer battered chips in Bluff a couple of yrs ago

jimness, Jun 2, 10:25am
bump - come on guys, I still need a real recipe... . please

margyr, Jun 2, 7:40pm
i just put flour in bowl and add beer use a whisk to mix. have not measured as i go but probably 2-3 cups plain flour and a can of beer. use really cold beer, wash chips and mix in flour and then into the batter before deep frying.

jimness, Jun 2, 9:19pm
thank you margyr - that sounds nice and easy.

margyr, Jul 1, 5:17pm
just dont add too many to the fryer at one time otherwise they will all clump together, put a few in then shake the basket that will get them off the bottom and then add more, shaking basket heaps.