Pickled Pork

urmama, Jun 1, 8:49pm
Morning, google is not being my friend today. I have a pickled pork to cook and was wondering if it can be cooked in a slow cooker like corned beef? thanks oh and if it can, would you put anything in with it in the slow cooker apart from water?

margyr, Jun 1, 8:56pm
have not done one in my slow cooker but would if i had one, when i do corned beef i just put a little water in the bottom, an onion and carrot. I did a leg of lamb last week and just put it in with nothing else it was delicious.

urmama, Jun 1, 8:59pm
Great ! thanks guys

marcs, Jun 1, 11:59pm
I just use the corn beef recipe out of the edmonds book to make my pickled pork. It turns out yum however I have never done it in a slow cooker.

pink-dragon, Jun 2, 9:06am
This is from Alison Holsts crockpot book.
Add enough water to 3/4 fill bowl. Add 2-3 cloves, 2-3 small dry chillies, 2-3 bay leaves. 1/2 tsp peppercorns, 1/4 tsp celery seeds. Cook high 4-6 hours. Low 6-8 hours.
When cooked I usually take it out and close it with
2 Tbsp orange juice, 3 Tbsp brown sugar and 1tsp prepared mustard mixed. ( this is from Robyn Martins crockpot book) and grill til golden.

bisloy, Jun 2, 9:48am
x1
You can also bake it - it comes out like ham.

maximus44, Jun 2, 10:05am
I did some in the crock pot recently and it was beautiful.

fisher, Jul 1, 11:44am
Crock Pot Pickled Pork. .
Best left in the fridge in foil to marinate overnight... .
Mix together 2 tbsp honey and2 tbsp wholegrain mustard with a little salt and black pepper. . Warm in saucepan on low heat...
Pour over pork and cover well... Wrap and seal in tinfoil pocket.
Place the wrapped pork on an upturned saucer in the crockpot and pour about an inch of water in the bottom...
Leave on low all day and place still wrapped on bench for half an hour to rest.