What to do with Pickled Pork?

lilibeth_52, Feb 22, 12:29am
Have never cooked before.Thx in advance

sampa, Feb 22, 12:42am
It's very similar to cooking corned beef if you've cooked that before. A slow simmer is good (a slow cooker works well for this if you have one). You can add seasonings to suit your own taste, we quite like to go a little bit Asian influence with ours by adding things like garlic, a splash of soy sauce, some roughly chopped ginger root, maybe some coriander, fresh or dried chillis if you like a bit of spice with your food. You don't have to fuss over chopping these seasoning ingredients uniformly, they aren't for eating at the end of cooking they get discarded. Tip - most of the flavour in fresh coriander is in the roots so use those in the cooking water and save the leafy parts for sprinkling over the pork before serving or adding to a warm rice salad to serve with the pork along with sliced spring onions and whatever else you think you might like.

twindizzy, Feb 22, 2:14am
roast it

paulosc, Feb 22, 2:21am
Do you roast corned beef? I could think of nothing worse. No OP do as suggested, either in the slow cooker, or in the pressure cooker.

twindizzy, Feb 22, 2:37am
wow. seems you need to broaden your food knowledge Paul

fifie, Feb 22, 2:41am
slow cooker style, yummy from fisher.
Piece Pickled Pork.
Mix together 2 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard with a little salt and black pepper. Warm in saucepan on low heat.
Lay out a large piece tin foil,sit pork on it
Pour the mustard mix over pork and cover well. Wrap and seal in tinfoil pocket
Best left in the fridge in foil to marinate overnight, but can cook sooner.
Place the "wrapped" pork on an upturned saucer in the crock pot and pour about an inch of water in the bottom.
Leave on low all day and place still wrapped on bench 20mis to rest.
Slice and serve. lovely hot or cold next day.

samanya, Feb 22, 5:45am
Like you I was skeptical about roasting pickled pork & I tried it once when catering for 30 people & it was wonderful . like hot ham & was great hit.
I'd do it again in a flash.

petal1955, Feb 22, 8:16am
I can vouch for this recipe. the pickled pork is to die for !

endlesswardrobe, Feb 6, 8:01am
Piece Pickled Pork.
Mix together 2 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard with a little salt and black pepper. Warm in saucepan on low heat.
Lay out a large piece tin foil,sit pork on it
Pour the mustard mix over pork and cover well. Wrap and seal in tinfoil pocket
Best left in the fridge in foil to marinate overnight, but can cook sooner.
Place the "wrapped" pork on an upturned saucer in the crock pot and pour about an inch of water in the bottom.
Leave on low all day and place still wrapped on bench 20mis to rest.
Slice and serve. lovely hot or cold next day.[/quote]

Oh that sounds very yummy, I do a lot of old home dishes for my family but I never quite new what to do with the pickled pork. I am definitely going to try this one out, Thank you :)