What is the best cheese to use for

yddac, May 25, 9:44am
cheese scones and also macaroni cheese. Thanks

marcs, May 25, 10:15am
Tasty cheese or any type you have.

dwebble, May 25, 11:12am
my personal favourite is tasty.

juliewn, May 25, 11:55am
Yes, I use tasty too. . and particularly recommend Mainland's Tasty Cheese - I think they have two kinds of tasty blocks. . the one we love that has amazing flavour has 'More mature than your average cheddar cheese' and '12 months - aged for up to 12 months' on the lower part of the front of the pack. I only buy this one now. .

Just had a piece, purely in the interests of taste testing for this recommendation - it still tastes very good :-)

cookessentials, May 25, 6:52pm
You will find that a good strong cheese works better for baking as it imparts better flavour, so a good vintage tasty. I find the basic cheddars just dont have enough "oomph" to give a nice cheesy taste.

yddac, May 25, 11:38pm
Thanks for all your input. Appreciate it. :)

tiogapass, May 26, 12:45am
Tasty cheddar tends to be high in fat. For a lower fat option with flavour use edam and add some parmesan.

lythande1, May 26, 3:18am
Tasty, but my idea of tasty is aged 3 years. 1 year, it's just not enough flavour.

elliehen, May 26, 4:47am
I use Edam, but add cayenne pepper to give cheese recipes a tasty 'bite'.

kaydee16, May 26, 5:24am
The bulk cheddar that PaknSave buys and packages themselves is nice and strong.

malcovy, May 26, 5:41am
The good thing about using tasty cheese is that you need less of it than you do with edam etc.

nzhel, May 27, 12:17am
If you are feeling lazy and don't mind buying an already grated cheese - then Pams grated tasty has a lot of flavour.

dilligaf_dah, May 27, 12:38am
use a 100gm packet of parmsen chese adds ommps of flavour. plus the grated stuff of course

taurus2005, May 27, 2:38am
Tasty everytime. The others taste like soap.

missmuppett, Jun 12, 8:15am
Edam and pamersan works well. Colby is yum too. But again higher in fat like Tasty cheese.