Help - Potatoes

helen.hood, May 23, 9:46am
Does anyone know the best gourmet potatoes to buy for creamed horseradish potatoes?

fisher, May 23, 10:26am
For me. . Jersey Bennies. . skin on. .
Mayo, sour cream, fresh very fine chopped chives from garden, sugar, salt, black pepper, homemade horseradish sauce and white wine vinegar all mixed together in serving bowl. . then add boiled jersey bennies and stir thru to coat, "lightly" crush spuds with masher and gently "fold"...

elliehen, May 23, 12:20pm
fisher, an idea which might appeal to you - with all your fresh herbs - from Jack Forsyth, who used to be the fruit and veg man on National Radio:For jacket potatoes, use an apple corer to take plugs of potato flesh (about 3/4 through), fill hole with garlic, parsley, herb or chive butter etc and replace plugs as far as they will go, rub skin with salt and oil and bake.

korbo, May 23, 7:57pm
how different. takes a new look at a spud. i guess you could add other ingredients as well, eg fine chop onion. will try this tonight. how do you think they would go in m/wave. sometimes feel guilty turning oven on for just one thing... and dont always have time to bake afterwards...

fisher, May 24, 3:50am
Cheers elliehen. . my mind races when these new things come up...
what about prick nice sized round spud with a toothpick. . Into bowl, add a little water and microwave until 2/3rd cooked. . cut the top off(save) and with a teaspoon scoop out the insides of the spud ensuring you dont break the outer skin. . now mix in to the spud some herb butter as you mentioned. . parsley, chives, some sour cream or cream cheese, crushed fresh garlic and mix/mash all together with the spud. . refill the spud cavity with the mix and replace lid on top with wet toothpicks. . oil, salt as you have said and into oven to bake...

Afterthought... some bacon pre fried chopped up and added to the mix. . maybe a little spring onion as well...

cookessentials, Jun 2, 6:00pm
Can you add this to the "Potatoes" thread please fisher?