MEAT

Page 3 / 6
rolznsp, Jul 7, 3:59am
Hey cooks- o wise one ;) I see your con carn recipe in this thread - i normally just buy the maggi packet mix to make mine but am going to do you recipe as in here... although i like it really hot... would you recommend just adding in extra chilli flakes... ? what about curry powder?

cookessentials, Jul 14, 9:52pm
for some ideas for different meals that have been asked for

cookessentials, Jul 22, 9:24am
If you like it hot, just add the chilli to your taste.

cookessentials, Jul 27, 5:20am
Meatballs & Fettuccine

500g lean beef mince
70g stale breadcrumbs
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
1 egg
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp olive oil
500g fettuccine pasta

rosemary paprika sauce
810g canned crushed tomatoes
500ml water
40ml dry red wine
2 medium brown onions chopped finely
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
6 sprigs fresh rosemary
Make rosemary paprika sauce.
Combine beef, breadcrumbs, parsley, chives, egg and sauce in large bowl; shape into small meatballs.

Heat oil in medium saucepan; cook meatballs, in batches, until browned all over and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.

Add meatballs to sauce; mix well. Stir until heated through. Serve pasta with meatballs and sauce.

Rosemary paprika sauce
Combine ingredients in
large saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until thickened slightly.

cookessentials, Aug 12, 9:35pm
I have had a beautiful ragu with paparadelle pasta at "Elements" in Lyal Bay twice now and it is so tasty - maybe next time, I should ask them for the recipe. It was a sausage ragu- but they were obviously a pure meat sausage, crumbled with chilli as it was lovely and spicy.

cookessentials, Aug 16, 1:03am
PORK RISSOLES
1kg lean pork mince
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion finely chopped
1/2 cup firmly packed, coarsely chopped fresh mint
1 egg white, beaten lightly
1 cup stale breadcrumbs

Combine pork, garlic, onion, mint, egg white and breadcrumbs in large bowl. Using hands, shape pork mixture into 18 patties; place on lightly oiled tray. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
heat large oiled non-stick frying pan; cook rissoles, in batches, until browned both sides and cooked through.

cookessentials, Aug 19, 6:05am
bumping for lamb mince request

idgit1969, Aug 19, 9:25pm
Thank you for posting these yummy recipes Cooksessentials! ! ! I made the Mince and Pasta Bake last night and my family thoroughly enjoyed it! ! !

cookessentials, Aug 19, 9:57pm
Glad you enjoyed it.

cookessentials, Sep 3, 4:08am
Up for someone wanting mince recipes

dinky17, Sep 3, 7:49am
thanks cooks for the recipes,I made the spag boll tonight and it was great...only thing I did different is I put it in the pressure cooker for 15 min. instead of simmering for a couple of hours..it came out fantastic,,,thanks again.

cookessentials, Sep 3, 8:12am
good on you dinky17

cookessentials, Sep 5, 9:15pm
Savoury Beef Cobbler- Courtesy of my AWW Cookbook

1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup plain flour
salt and pepper
1kg chuck steak, cut into large 5cm pieces
4 rashers bacon, rind removed and diced
5 whole clove garlic, peeled & sliced thinly
2 bunches spring onion, peeled & trimmed
3 carrots, peeled & cut into large pieces
350g button mushrooms, trimmed
1 cup (250ml) red wine
300ml beef stock
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce

cobbler topping
350g self raising flour
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs such as parsley, thyme and rosemary
200g butter, diced
1/2 cup buttermilk

Preheat oven 180°C
Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over medium high heat.
Combine flour with salt and pepper and mix well.

Dust the meat in the flour lightly and cook in batches for 3-5 minutes or until browned; Remove and set aside.
Add bacon to pan and cook 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden. Stir in garlic, spring onions, carrots and mushrooms and cook a further 5 minutes. Pour in wine and simmer a few minutes before adding the stock, worcestershire sauce and bay leaves.

Cover with lid and cook in oven for 11/2 hours.
Meanwhile, combine flour, parmesan and herbs and mix well. Rub in butter with your fingertips until mixture resembles.

Make a well in the centre and add buttermilk; stir gently until mixture forms a soft dough.

Remove casserole from oven and spoon large dollops of dough evenly over the top of the casserole; cook for a further 40-45 minutes or until topping is cooked and golden. Serve immediately with crusty bread.

cookessentials, Sep 10, 12:17am
Beef Sate

I have been making these using this recipe since the early 1990's and they are simple to make and very tasty. I use a zip-lock bag to marinate all the ingredients and I let it sit in the fridge overnight to get the flavours well combined.

500g rump steak (or chicken, lamb or pork)
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon curry powder
extra oil
Sate sauce
2 tablespoons oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon chilli powder
2 teaspoons curry powder
2.5cm piece green ginger, peeled and grated
125g peanuts, skinned, roasted, and very finely chopped
125ml (½ cup) vinegar
75g (1/3 cup) sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons peanut butter
80ml (1/3 cup) fruit chutney
250ml (1 cup) water

If you soak the bamboo sate sticks in water for a few hours, it prevents them burning on the bbq

Ask butcher to cut rump steak in one piece, approximately 2.5cm thick. Remove fat from meat. Cut meat into 2.5cm strips. Cut each strip of meat into 5mm pieces. Cut fat strips into 5mm (¼ in) slices. (Fat is put on to the bamboo sate sticks; it helps baste the meat and will keep it moist while cooking.)
Place meat and fat into bowl, add soy sauce, honey, chilli powder, cumin, oil and curry powder; mix well. Cover bowl, refrigerate overnight.
Thread two pieces of meat on to skewer, thread a piece of fat on to skewer, then another two pieces of meat. Repeat with remaining skewers until all meat and fat are used. Grill until tender, brushing occasionally with oil. Serve with sauce.
Sate sauce: Heat oil in pan, gently saute onion and garlic until golden brown. Add spices, ginger and peanuts, saute for 2 minutes. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, peanut butter, chutney and water, stir until combined. Bring to boil: reduce heat, simmer very slowly for 30 minutes or until mixture is thick. Serve hot or cold.
The quantities given in this recipe are enough for about 30 sate sticks

cookessentials, Sep 23, 6:36pm
Bumping for donnabeth and the person wanting healthy recipes for 30 people.

fruitluva2, Sep 24, 11:28am
Goodness, whats the big deal? are you objecting to anyone starting recipe threads? I think the General forum needs those like you to take a lot of the filth out of there instead of nit-picking in Recipes over food for crying out loud.

cookessentials, Sep 24, 8:23pm
Oh, fruitluva, it is a long standing "issue" with mr Sticky and buzzy110 - "apparently", I dont know how to cook and I source ALL my recipes from Google and I "steal" them from the likes of Alison Holst LOL. Wont stop me from starting threads and I find it easy if there is a thread on particular topics, makes it just so much easier to find.

fruitluva2, Sep 24, 10:46pm
Really Cooks, all the more they should put themselves to good use and help clear the forums of real filth rather than their nit-picking foodies.

fruitluva2, Sep 24, 11:05pm
I never google food, much prefer to check in my fave places ( tm, etc)for new goodies or a particular recipe and you can guarantee something delightful is to be found.
The threads are necessary too, it can be a mission sorting thru the xmas and other large threads for a particular recipe. Keep it up Cooks, others are grateful afterall this is what the forum is for{what are they (sticky & co) here for if notthe same reason?}.

donnabeth, Sep 28, 5:04am
I'm not sure what the legalities of posting recipes here are. I'm sure most of us have taken a basic recipe and removed or added flavours to our own taste. Does that make it an original or a copy?

When I need help for anything beyond the basics I've always found it in here where the instructions or variations are tried and true.

cookessentials, Sep 28, 7:38am
Good question donnabeth. Recipes come and go and families have their own "versions" I guess, so there would be very few "originals" I guess.

cookessentials, Feb 17, 8:56pm
Beef Stroganoff

750g fillet steak
125g butter
1 medium onion
500g button mushrooms
salt & pepper
2/3 cup water
2 beef stock cubes
2 tbsp tomato paste
300ml carton of sour cream
1 tsp cornflour.

Heat 60g of the butter in a large frying pan until very hot. Add a quarter of the meat, cook very quickly until golden brown, remove meat from the pan immediately. Repeat with remaining meat, a quarter at a time. Add remaining butter to pan, add finely chopped onion and saute' gently until onion is lightly brown. Add sliced mushrooms and saute' till tender. Return meat to the pan with salt pepper, water, crumbled stock cubes and tomato paste, stir until combined. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 5 mins. Put sour cream and cornflour into a bowl and mix well till combined. Gradually stir into meat mixture,stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes. I serve this with rice, or the other usual one is a wide noodle.

cookessentials, Feb 17, 8:56pm
Beef Stroganoff

750g fillet steak
125g butter
1 medium onion
500g button mushrooms
salt & pepper
2/3 cup water
2 beef stock cubes
2 tbsp tomato paste
300ml carton of sour cream
1 tsp cornflour.

Heat 60g of the butter in a large frying pan until very hot. Add a quarter of the meat, cook very quickly until golden brown, remove meat from the pan immediately. Repeat with remaining meat, a quarter at a time. Add remaining butter to pan, add finely chopped onion and saute' gently until onion is lightly brown. Add sliced mushrooms and saute' till tender. Return meat to the pan with salt pepper, water, crumbled stock cubes and tomato paste, stir until combined. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 5 mins. Put sour cream and cornflour into a bowl and mix well till combined. Gradually stir into meat mixture,stirring until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes. I serve this with rice, or the other usual one is a wide noodle.

kiwipossum, Feb 18, 7:01am
anyone have any recipes for pork mince! i need some inspiration:)

kiwipossum, Feb 18, 7:01am
anyone have any recipes for pork mince? i need some inspiration:)