Do scones turn out better with lemondade added?

linster, May 19, 10:58pm
Any ideas?

cookessentials, May 19, 10:59pm
I dont use lemonade in mine. I make buttermilk ones which give you a lovely soft scone that lasts alot longer.

duckmoon, May 19, 11:38pm
I have been using the lemonade recipe
(SR flour, lemonade etc)... and love them.
Very light...

pickles7, May 21, 10:42am
... unknowndisorder ... that is a good recipe , and they last well. The lemonade scones are rubbish , nothing in them. .

jimbob37, May 22, 4:13am
I only ever use the SR flour, lemonade and cream recipe now. Haven't ever tried with buttermilk, and will do so one day, but the lemonade ones really are soooooo easy, and taste great. Bugger "cutting in the butter" now.
Although I like the sound of that recipe two messages up. will try that too! Good for when there is no cream in the house!

greerg, May 22, 4:51am
The lemonade ones are very reliable but they have a crumby cakey texture not the real scone texture which is soft and almost flakey.

oli3, May 22, 7:42am
I prefer the old fashoined way, but I can't be bothered rubbing in butter, I grate it and mix it in! Easy and yum.

hamismom, May 22, 9:58am
I only ever use this receipe . .
2 cups flour, half cup milk, half cup warm water, pinch salt, butter grated ... about 50 grams, shake or two of cayenne pepper for plain savoury, or omit pepper and add a couple of spoons of sugar - make like normal scones - cook for 12 mins. Can make into cheese scones by taking out the butter and adding grated cheese; or sweeter by adding a little more sugar and raisins.
Might have to try the receipe earlier on in the thread.

verrans, May 22, 12:09pm
I find the lemonade ones are far to salty tasting, due to the sodium in the lemonade.

wasgonna, May 29, 2:46am
That's odd, I find them too sweet due to the sugar in the lemonade.