Terakihi Recipes Wanted For Tonight's Dinner

tommi2, May 19, 7:50pm
x2
Please, any suggestions much appreciated

245sam, May 19, 9:33pm
tommi2, terakihi/tarakihi is a fish that is suitable for cooking by any method - according to my little book "NZ Seafood Cooking Methods & Recipes" it can be... . . marinated, baked, poached, casseroled, fried, grilled, steamed, foil-baked, soused. Try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using 'fish' as the Keyword and 'Anytime' as the Date posted option - you'll find a variety of ideas, recipes and some sauces to serve with the fish.

Hope that helps. :-))

tommi2, May 19, 9:50pm
thanks, i will do that now. I have many recipe books but most don't have specific NZ fish recipes in them, i must buy a NZ seafood recipe book, thank you for your help

tommi2, May 19, 9:59pm
have found a lovely recipe, thanks a lot 245sam

245sam, May 19, 10:42pm
you're most welcome tommi2 - I hope you enjoy your fish meal and can I be nosey and ask which recipe appealed to you? :-))

tommi2, May 20, 8:51am
x1
this is the one i chose 245sam : Quick fifteen minute tarakihi (or any white fish) Fish Bake
4 fish fillets
1 T grated ginger
1 T soy sauce
2 T olive oil
rind & juice of 1 lemon
1 T minced garlic
1 T mustard (any, whole seed is good)
1 T sweet chilli sauce
handful basil or tender tips of rosemary
Arrange fillets in baking dish. Combine all other ingreds and pour over. Bake uncovered 200*C 10 to 15 mins. It was absolutely delicious, we don't have fresh fish often here but i am def going to make this again, was lovely, once again thank you sooo much

elliehen, May 20, 9:59am
tommi2 - I posted that! Am so pleased you liked it. It came from TV fisherman-cook Darryl Crimp and I saw him prepare it aboard his boat (on his TV show).

tommi2, May 23, 6:58pm
ohhh how neat. Thank you so much for posting that recipe, it was really nice, even master 14 loved it, sadly master 8 did not but not because of the taste, he would not eat the fish because he said it is cruel to kill them lol.