Whats for dinner..?

fisher, May 14, 3:34am
Crockpot lamb neck chops with spuds, kumura, carrots, whole button mushrooms, onions and capsicum... bay leaves and thyme spigs in a bouquet garni and peppercorns and marmite for flavoring. . sprinkle of rock salt and lid on and low since lunch time...
Gonna bake some bread rolls and put lashings of butter on ...
Marlborough sparkling "Toi Toi" savignon blanc ...
hmmmm roll on dinner time...

cookessentials, May 14, 3:39am
Oh, I'm coming to YOUR place for dinner fisher.

paghan, May 14, 3:42am
Same I hope you have a HUGE crockpot... . lol

herika, May 14, 3:46am
I live too far away to go too so I'll be at home cooking roast chicken, potatoes, kumara, pumkin, carrots and onions with steamed leeks and broccoli, and gravy with liberal use of freshly ground fresh black pepper (all GF! ) :)

prendy1, May 14, 3:50am
Roast veges with israeli couscous and green salad-all i can manage for a Friday night!

ruby19, May 14, 3:51am
Crock pot here again, well at least for the other part of the family, I have slow roast moroccan beef, and even if I don`t eat it myself, it smells pretty good! Probably serve it with a herby couscous.

Now what to have for myself? ? ?

fisher, May 14, 3:52am
won two bottles of the toi toi so be nice to see what its like... always make heaps so there's some left for next day... . bring yours up herika... roll on paghan and cooky. . have a real smorgasbord... :}

cookessentials, May 14, 4:00am
not fair... my mouth is watering already

cookessentials, May 14, 4:20am
I just popped across to the butcher and bought a lovely piece of scotch fillet to roast tomorrow night - just seem to be craving good old red meat at the moment.

alebix, May 14, 4:33am
Im being slack tonight...

Kids are having nuggets and oven chips and DH and I are having steak, oven fries and vegies.

bisloy, May 14, 5:17am
Hehee I have enough leftovers to feed the gannets!

antmannz, May 14, 5:31am
mmm, that sounds good fisher!

We'll be having beef cordon bleus with salad and garlic beans

kirinesha, May 14, 5:41am
Beef rendang (with homegrown curry leaves I got given by a lovely TM member this afternoon) and coconut and lime cauli-rice.

fisher, May 14, 6:13am
Why does everyone elses sound better hahahaha. .
kiri. . tell me more please re the "coconut and lime cauli-rice" . . cheers. .

kirinesha, May 14, 6:18am
Fisher, as you know I don't eat rice so worked with a basic recipe I found to develop this (even G loves it! ). Very yummy! Recipe is per person.

Ingredients

1/4 head of small-medium cauliflower
1/3 of a leek, roughly chopped (opt)
Salt & pepper
3T plain desiccated coconut
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2T butter
Dash of olive oil

Method

Put the cauli and leek in the food whizz and pulse until it make fine particles the size of rice
Add the coconut to a dry pan on low heat and stir constantly until lightly golden and toasted (watch it as it's easy to overdo! ). Remove.
Add the butter and oil (to reduce the burning point of the butter)
When sizzling add the cauli and leek rice and reduce the heat, stirring well
Cook over a low-medium heat until softening (I allow 10-15 mins max. with the odd stir)
Season and taste
Just before removing from pan to serve stir through the coconut and lime juice and mix in well

kirinesha, May 14, 6:19am
PS: yours sounds gorgeous, but then it always does!

fisher, May 14, 6:24am
Hi kiri sounds real nice... gonna make that...
funnily I bought some dessicated coconut last week. . but stood there looking at the shelves... what's the diff between coconut and desiccated. . ? ?

EDIT... I know its dried coconut but whats the diff in cooking uses. . ? ?

kirinesha, May 14, 6:34am
I've only ever cooked with dessicated coconut Fisher, so also would like to know!

julzienz, May 1, 3:40pm
Fresh pan-fried kingfish and roasted potatoes.