?Great Cooking Fails ?

Page 2 / 2
malcovy, Jul 12, 2:05am
Now that is funny. You poor thing.

samanya, Jul 12, 5:28am
Oh shite . the sort of thing that any of us could do.
& a carefully prepared meal ruined, I'd be so pithed off with myself. you poor dear.

samanya, Jul 12, 5:31am
I've ended up years ago in A & E with a burnt hand - ceramic cook top at the time & thought it was off & wiped it . it wasn't glowing red, so in my mind it was definitely OFF!. it wasn't

sniper03, Jul 12, 5:42am
I did that last week but it wasn't the kettle it was the iron that had been left on the stove top !

bella95, Jul 12, 2:09pm
My mum told me, a few years back, that when she was a newly wed she decided to bake a sponge. Hadn't read the instructions properly and decided that as it was called a 'Two Minute Sponge' she only needed to cook it for 2 minutes. Obviously it was a failure and she was so worried that my father would think she was a terrible cook that she burried it in the vege garden and never told him.

samanya, Jul 12, 10:59pm
that reminds me of a story my mother used to tell . local farmer's wife made a rock hard 'sponge' & her sons nailed it to the wall.

badams1, Jul 14, 11:11pm
A dear friend of mine long deceased,was mixing up the dough for the daily bread mix in a commercial bakery mixer. He tested with thermometer , was distracted and the bread went thru the next stage .He realised his mistake ,once he saw broken glass thru the dough.Now his boss was a real taskmaster. It was the early hours of the morning . Sohe knew he would get a grilling . His mate and ray decided to dig a hole and bury it. A frenzie to accomplish and get another batch on . The boss turned upmade himself a cup and leaned on the bench ,looking out the window. He looked perplexed. and called he young apprentice over. He stated i swear i see the ground moving . Where they had buried the bread dough . was indeed rising . He never found out . and Ray just acted matter of fact . he said he was lucky.

badams1, Jul 14, 11:21pm
Another personal fail for me.I was attached to chch polytechnic . welcoming refugees and general helping with language .We had a big event where everyone to bring a plate. Well i made a beautiful Apple pie . strangely at the end of the meal . only little bits taken and left beside it . I decided to have a piece no wonder it was left i had made it with salt and not sugar . Never owned up to it ,and left the dish it came in . So embarrassed.

figjamto, Jul 21, 4:26am
Early days of marriage I managed to burn boiled eggs. glad to say I have improved out of sight since those early days

sossie1, Jul 24, 11:06am
I did the same as photo number one, first ever Lasagna, dropped it just before the dining table in front of guests