Wonderful Cooking 'Mistakes'

awoftam, Sep 1, 4:53am
I just made some banana and walnut muffins and realised after I popped them in the oven I put in 3/4 cup of melted butter instead of 1/3 cup. Given I use dextrose instead of table sugar I didn't notice the extra liquid as dextrose is a lot drier to cook with (and I cut the amount of dextrose as well as bananas are pretty sweet on their own). Blimey they are delicious! Will be making that mistake again for sure!

mitsi110, Sep 2, 1:44am
I roasted a piece of silverside once by accident. It turned out quite good

lovelurking, Sep 2, 1:52am
I accidentally roasted pickled pork.
Tasted great.

samanya, Sep 2, 5:33am
It does, doesn't it.
I've roasted it (by choice) & the first time I did it, I was very apprehensive, although i had read up about it, so I bit the bullet, bit of a worry when you are having 30 people for dinner!
It was lovely . just like hot ham. a winner.
Some of my kitchen mistakes are when I make a dish 'flying by the seat of my pants' & it turns out delicious (not all do) & I haven't made a note of what I did & want to make it again .

rainrain1, Sep 2, 5:54am
Not me who did it, but, grated frozen swede put in your mac 'n' cheese instead of grated frozen cheese. Divided into small meals, then frozen for later, the first one reheated didn't taste right. funny that :)))

samanya, Sep 2, 5:56am
Sh*t happens ;o)

rainrain1, Sep 2, 7:02am
lol not so wonderful I guess

samanya, Sep 2, 7:12am
Hey, those of us who have been cooking under pressure for 'ordinary guys & gals) , without a supermarket (within cooee) know how to improvise & we have done it bloody well!
Shearers, musterers etc . bet they never go away from your place hungry!

awoftam, Sep 2, 8:02am
Yes, amazing what can be whipped up out of 'nothing'. I was thinking this afternoon I had nothing for dinner. Then went and looked in my pantry and fridge. and have had the most yum dinner. Pasta, fresh chilli, garlic, salt, anchovies and a fantab olive oil.

samanya, Nov 18, 9:41am
Yep . & write it down. cos next time you want to make it. if, like me, you won't remember what you did!