Vegetarian Cook Book - recommendations?

darlingmole, Oct 18, 9:25pm
My favourite *go to* is Alison Holst "Meals without Meat". Has anyone tried out her and her son Simons "Very Easy Vegetarian" cook book, is it any good? .

frances1266, Oct 18, 9:31pm
Yes I have Very Easy Vegetarian book and I really like it. Some of the recipes I need to adapt to vegan versions for me but the recipes are very good.

davidt4, Oct 18, 10:08pm
Deborah Madison has written several excellent books of vegetarian food. I still refer to one of her earliest books "The Savory Way" often, and her most recent book "Vegetable Literacy" is a masterpiece.

uli, Oct 18, 10:29pm
The only fully vegetarian cookbook I ever owned was "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" by Mollie Katzen.

It has some interesting recipes, and also some plain weird ones. Might be because American cooking is quite different from what NZlanders eat.

Have a look for recipes on her website:
http://www.molliekatzen.com/archives.php

Her newest book "The Heart of the Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation" (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt 2013), was touted by The New York Times, Amazon, and Apple as a best book of the year.

frances1266, Oct 19, 1:59am
I have to agree that Deborah Madison is one of the best vegetarian cooks.
Her latest version of Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone which has more vegan recipes than the earlier version of this book is excellent. The Savory Way has really good recipes but many are quite heavy on dairy
but nevertheless her recipes are always excellent. You could check out reviews of her books on Amazon.

darlingmole, Oct 19, 5:20pm
Thank you very much everyone, I'll will be researching these books for sure

walt, Aug 23, 11:00am
I love The Vegetarian Adventure Cook Book by Rowan Bishop & Sue Carruthers. I have used it for years. Tonight I am making the cannelloni it is lush!