Tried and true Courgette soup recommendations

thuntzster, Jan 19, 11:45pm
Hi there. An oversupply of courgettes means I am looking for new recipes. Does anyone have a tried and true courgette soup recipe please.

valentino, Jan 20, 12:37am
I Know you requested soups but for more ideas then look at this local website sub-web page link.
http://www.vegetables.co.nz/vegetables-a-z/courgettes-and-scallopini/

And scroll down reading of course but you will come across a link highlighted to recipes with courgettes, some real nice recipes that I often look at for inspiration.

Cheers

thuntzster, Jan 20, 5:09am
Thanks Valentino and Uli some awesome ideas there. But I am craving a chicken stock, garlicky courgette soup recipe.

gilligee, Jan 20, 5:20am
You don't need a recipe.
Just use chicken stock and the herbs and flavours you like.

martine5, Jan 20, 8:16am
Here's mine I don't have a recipe, but I can give you the ingredients. It is very nice. Saute onion and garlic until soft add courgettes, season with salt and pepper, cover with chicken stock and simmer.Once cooked blitz in a food processor with a round of Camembert cubed. Sometimes I add fresh basil during the last couple of minutes of cooking.

thuntzster, Jan 22, 4:26am
That sounds divine martine will certainly try it,,

holly-rocks, Jan 22, 10:01pm
This recipe sounds good :) ~ http://stasty.com/?p=9644

frances1266, Jan 23, 9:13pm
I have made a courgette and basil soup, re cipe b y Miyoko Schinner who is a great vegan chef. it is on her blog called Artisan Vegan, she has some short vid clips there and one of the clips has her making this delicious soup.

uli, Jan 24, 5:19am
Why not give a link?

eljayv, Jan 24, 7:23am
This one maybe

frances1266, Jan 24, 8:30am
the Alfredo sauce is so yummy, some good clips of her lovely recipes

ed65, Jan 24, 8:51am
I love this Courgette & Carrot soup (although I'm not a fan of bay leaves so found that flavour a little strong).

50g butter
225g courgettes, washed, trimmed and sliced
225g carrots, peeled and sliced
600ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1 T tomato puree
1 T castor sugar
sea salt & ground black pepper

Melt the butter in a pan and add the carrots and courgettes. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes until softened. Add the stock, bay leaf, tomato puree and sugar. Bring the pan to the boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf and leave the soup to cool slightly. Puree the soup until smooth, and season to taste. Reheat gently without boiling.
This soup freezes well.

thuntzster, Oct 30, 6:05pm
Thanks ed65 will definitely give this a try!