Food Processors

brenda007, Sep 30, 9:28pm
I need to buy a new food processor and would appreciate comments/recommendations from those of you who have one that you are very happy with.
Currently I have a fp with blender next to it (side by side) on the same base unit. It is too big to store so I would like a base which I can fit the fp to, or the blender, but not both together.
I use the fp regularly, not the blender so much. I would also like the fp to have either a mini fp which can attach to base or inside large fp bowl (to do salad dressings etc). Usual fp attachments needed - grater, slicer etc.
Any of you great cooks that can recommend a good brand?
Thank you in anticipation!

davidt4, Sep 30, 9:43pm
Magimix.

lilyfield, Sep 30, 10:17pm
Absolutely love my 2000 watt Breville work horse.
Has smaller bowl inside, good double knife, all the usual attachments, but no blender,
Also has an exra wide chute for large chunks of cabbage, one of my prime considerations for this model.

My wee magig bullet replaces the missing blender

wildflower, Oct 1, 2:29am
Love my Cuisinart 14c one, 3 bowl sizes included and will do everything without the huge pricetag.

brenda007, Oct 3, 2:00am
Thanks for your suggestions.
I bought a Kenwood, one base, has fp, blender, mini mixer. Has separate disks for slicing, grating etc and has a mini egg whisks too! So I got all 3 of the things I use most all interchangeable on one base, just like I wanted.
Will try it out tomorrow.

wildflower, Oct 3, 2:18am
Make sure you leave it out to dry thoroughly. I had a Kenwood before my Cuisinart and it didn't last like the old Kenwoods, parts went rusty very quickly.

sampa, Oct 3, 2:42am
What model number is it Brenda? Want to have a sticky beak. :) My only suggestion was going to be - something that doesn't need a million fiddly bits washed after each use. Used to have one like that many years ago. drove me nuts!

brenda007, Oct 3, 9:53pm
It is Multipro Classic Food Processor FDM785BA. It was $399 at Noel Leeming, but $295 at Harvey Norman (until Sunday 4 October) but NL matched price so paid $294!
WILDFLOWER - thanks for the tip! I washed all the usable parts when I unpacked it and left them upside down on a clean teatowel overnight, so will continue to do same after each use.
SAMPA - disks come in their own storage box/cassette with see thru lid. I have put all the other "fiddly bits" into a large plastic lidded container so I can just grab the base and whichever bowl I want, then grab the disk box or lidded container and choose what I need. Like you, I am over washing too many bits, and having them stored in container together means I will know where they all are.
Thanks so much to all of you who have given recommendations/advice and asked what I ended up buying. Very much appreciated.

sampa, Oct 3, 10:42pm
Oh snap. :) I have the same one. I don't use it much anymore due to having smaller ones (mini FP and a stick one with all the bits) but I chose that one due to how straight forward it is but can still handle most of the 'extra stuff' we want our FP's to do from time to time. Must drag it out and reacquaint myself with all it has to offer. There was a recipe book that came with it somewhere. wonder if I can dig that up.

Have fun!

brenda007, Oct 4, 6:43am
This afternoon I successfully used my new Kenwood fp to make:
1. Tried and true old reliable chocolate cake
2. New recipe for a Tim Tam slice
Chocolate cake was just all ingredients into bowl and blitz it. Success.
Tim Tam slice was a bit different when using chopping blade as it took me a while to set it at max speed to crush the biscuits. Old fp only had 3 speeds. But it turned out fine!

sampa, Sep 20, 1:05am
Fantastic! So good when we get to have fun with new appliances. :)