Vogels bread. Texture re-visited

Page 2 / 2
pickles7, Jul 18, 5:16am
I know what you are saying, It is not the nicest. I prefer to use baking soda and cream of tartar and will often do that rather than use baking powder in any baking.
I bought a bag of self raising for something a while back and now use it for pikelets for the kids, just to use it up.

pickles7, Jul 18, 5:21am
There are lots of recipes put up in here that the posters have not made.
I made a worcestershire sauce once, it was so insipid, it was not nice at all, I am sure had the poster made it herself, she would not have posted it.

pamellie, Jul 18, 5:35am
I use this recipe and have done for years. The scones are lovely. It is a sticky mix, you might find you have to use only about 3/4 cup of milk instead of the full cup.

Scones
2 large cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
50g butter
1 dsp golden syrup
1 cup milk
dates or sultanas
Rub butter into dry ingredients.
Warm golden syrup and milk until golden syrup is dissolved.
Add dried fruit.
Mix together.
Shape.
Bake 200c 15mins or until nicely browned.

pickles7, Jul 18, 5:41am
why put up the link then? for what reason would anyone do that I wonder. elliehen.

Many years ago I was being pestered to be nasty to . uli and buzzy110, I am so glad I stood my ground, sat back and watched to see what was going on. I appreciated their visits and looked past the words and saw a grin, or grimace, I didn't care.
Uli and buzzy110 have a lot to offer, more than all those posters who came in just to rark up, the followers ?, I rather think not.

pickles7, Jul 18, 5:51am
looks like a shared user name. lol.

samanya, Jul 18, 6:05am
Was that necessary?
This forum has been pleasant lately, (apart from a few 'look at moi' types & you'll always get those) can we keep it that way, please?

boakes, Jul 18, 6:09am
HI, I am currently staying in OZ and have purchase all the ingredients for the bread, but can't seem to find gluten, do you think I can make without the extra add gluten?
Also interested in the slow cooker bread recipe - is there a link for that.

pickles7, Jul 18, 6:13am
saying it just how it was. NASTY. it sure was. Take a look in here and have another swipe .

pickles7, Jul 18, 6:20am
I buy mine at a bulk food outlet here.
You could google for a substitute.

It will be the gluten that gives this bread the stretch in the dough, not to say bread with a substitute won't be nice, it will be different.

samanya, Jul 18, 6:28am
I'm not 'swiping' at anyone, but I took exception to your 'who has the most to offer' line.
We all have the right to participate on this board . no one person more than another, right?
Pulling rank for whatever reason is not what it's about. don't you agree?
Some are here to learn from more experienced people & indeed do.
I don't pretend to be the expert on everything as some do & although fairly experienced in the kitchen, I can still learn & do & I appreciate that.
I have learned a lot from many posters here, yourself included but I do get rather irked when some use this forum to push their own barrow/agenda, along with sniping at those who don't agree with their POV.
That's all.

cookessentials, Jul 18, 6:36am
I think you best be very careful about what you are posting. You obviously have not read the new Trademe rules in regards to defamation. I would suggest that you do before what you think is funny contributes to your own demise.

cookessentials, Jul 18, 6:43am
#47 you conveniently forgot post #17. No surprise there because you know full well why you did not mention post recipes17. it creates more drama. I agree with samanya.

pickles7, Mar 4, 2:13am
17 ?
No pic's on the older threads in here.