Help with raison bread for panasonic breadmaker

puppetman, Jul 9, 12:13pm
I made a loaf and it turned out perfectly. The next time all the raisins were at the bottom of the loaf, (outside). Has anyone got a recipe they can share for a breadmaker... even better if your is for a panasonic as some brands seems different. I would like to compare to this recipe I have... thank VERY much.

puppetman, Jul 9, 12:14pm
Can't edit the raison to raisin in the title. Sorry. My excuse is it's after midnight. lol!

lizab, Jul 9, 9:39pm
Here's the recipe I use, but I don't bake it in the breadmaker, I just make the dough and then shape and bake.
One and half cups of warm water, 1 tbsp oil, three heaped (and I mean heaped!) cups of white flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 dsp sugar, 2 tbsp milk powder (optional), 1 tbsp Surebake yeast (red lidded one), 1 heaped tbsp each of cinnamon and mixed spice. Set the machine to dough. After 20 minutes (set a timer!) add 1 heaped cup of raisins. I usually make raisin buns, but you can make yourself a loaf. Shape as you want, place in a greased tin, cover with a tea towel and leave to rise till doubled in size. Brush with beaten egg if you like and bake for 20 mins at 190* fanbake.

245sam, Jul 10, 3:33am
puppetman, I have a Panasonic Bread Bakery SD250 with a recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Bread and Wholemeal Raisin Bread, both in 3 sized loaves, so if they are any help, which sized loaf do you want to compare/make - medium (350g flour), large (450g flour), extra large (600g flour)?:-)).

kinna54, Jul 10, 6:38am
To avoid the fruit sinking try flouring your sultanas before adding to the mix. Add the fruit gradually as the mix is working; usually around 20mins into the cycle. On my machine it beeps. Posting my spiced loaf recipe for you.
Spice loaf with dates or sultanas
750gm loaf.
1 cup plus 2 TBSPS tepid to *hot water
3 cups high grade flour
1 1/2 tsps allspice
1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
1 1/2 tsps salt
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP skim milk powder
1 TBSP light oil
3 tsps surebake red cap yeast
3/4 cup mixed chopped fruit, dates or sultanas
Place ingredients in bread maker in order stated. Select basic or sweet setting. (I prefer basic on my model *breville* as it gives a crustier outer.)
For my measures I use a tupperware cup measure: weighs approx 158 gms to 1 cup, TBSP measure is 15mls tsp is 5mls.
In winter use hot water, it improves the rising of the bread.