SD-257 Breadmaker

bernice2, May 1, 5:02am
We have just purchased this bread maker and was wondering if any 1 had a nice raisin and spice recipe? Thanks Trace

kinna54, May 1, 7:10am
what size loaf:
posting my breville recipe; makes a 750g but also have the recipe for it in 1kg. haven't tried it in your brand of breadmaker tho,*so no guarantees*but others have used itvery successfully in panasonic and sunbeam machines.

spiced loaf with dates or sultanas:
1cup +2 TBSPS tepid water (in cooler weather use warm water)
3 cups high grade flour
1 1/2 tsps all spice *yes allspice* but I have also used mixed spice
1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
1 1/2 tsps salt
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP skim milk powder
1 TBSP light oil
3 tsps surebake yeast (red cap)
3/4 cup mixed dates and sultanas. (I just use sultanas)
My breadmaker instructions say you can cook it on basic or sweet, crust medium. (*basic gives harder crust) On my breadmaker basic takes about 2 3/4 hrs. sweet takes longer as lower cooking and rising times.
Note add the sultanas gradually about 20 mins into the first kneading cycle. My machine beeps to tell you when to add.
good luck.

actros2, May 1, 8:03am
Can't help with your request but we just bought a Panasonic too. I just love the plain white loaves, but I will get into things more as I go, and would love a raisin and spice recipe too. I costed the large white loaf out at $1.88 which is a little more than Home Brand but it is SO much nicer.

korbo, May 1, 9:20am
what brand is it #1.??
I make a loaf the same recipe in any of my 3 breadmakers...
300ml waarm water
2 teasp sugar
1/2 teasp salt
2 tble oil or butter (whatever)
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons red lid yeast or tasti
2 tblspn milk powder or milk.
put all in bucket in that order and cook on basic. Not really sure what the weight would be, but it makes a good size.
I then experiment with lots of other ingredients when the beeeps *beeps. eg, cheese, onion, lemon pepper, anything really.
A man in the supermarket chatted to me one day, and he puts 1/2 packet maggi onion soup in his...

camper18, May 1, 10:56am
I have been making "Kinna 45s" recipe with great success but have switched to "Tulip Fermipan yeast plus 2tsp bread improver from Binn Inn and a mixture of raisins sultanas and chopped apricots.Cant make enough to keep up with Hubby and the neighbours.The improver makes the loaf very soft and it keeps well ( if it gets a chance )

kinna54, May 2, 2:08am
Ooh camper 18 you now have got me making those changes. I love dried apricots in loaves etc, they are too expensive to use a lot of on their own, but mixed like you say sounds yummy. We do have a bulk binn shop here but not quite as nice as the Bin Inn was, but will look around for those improvers and yeast.

bernice2, May 2, 3:06am
Thank you all for your thoughts, This bread maker is awesome, I have never had a failure in it, the Italian loaf with mixed herbs is yummy & I am the same carnt keep up with making the bread

korbo, May 2, 3:54am
at our local p/save, you can get in the bulk bins, little chopped up bits of apricots. great for breads, and cereals.

creeky1, May 2, 4:25am
i have a panasonic also. For a spice loaf i add 2 tsp mixed spice and a cup of sultana's to a basic white loaf. Comes out great.

bernice2, May 2, 5:37am
Whats the best way to keep your bread fresh?

bininn2009, May 2, 7:38am
If you are new to breadmaking perhaps start with one of our Bin Inn breadmixes rather than using all the individual ingredients. Here is a really quick basic recipe - if you like hot cross buns you will love this loaf. Just swap the 100g of sultanas for 100g of raisins or swap both the currants and sultanas with 200g of raisins.
300ml Water
500g Bin Inn Sweet Breadmix
3 Tbsps Mixed Spice
100g Currants
100g Sultanas
4 tsps Active Dried Yeast OR 6 tsps Active Yeast Blend
Place in the above order into your breadmaker. Use the fruit & nut dispenser for the dried fruits. But other recipes replies also sounds great. Happy baking. Bin Inn.