Breadmaker bread not cooked properly???

cassie59, Jul 10, 12:58am
Hi people, I am wondering if any of you would know why my white bread cooked in breadmaker comes out looking quite undercooked...( cooked on rapid bake) and it always looks lop sided? I tried extra water this morning but that didnt work...I have used extra sugar....nope...it also comes out with big crack down full length of top on one side? Help please!!!

bunny51, Jul 10, 1:37am
I onlyused the rapidbake and it didn't seem to coook properly si O never did it again. Can you alter the crust darkness?

cassie59, Jul 10, 2:04am
no, my breadmaker doesnt have a crust option.

kinna54, Jul 10, 6:47am
Do you have a french setting on your machine? I use that on mine, as well as the french bread recipe as the bread is crustier. Do you leave your bread in the maker after it's finished? sometimes that can make the bread soggy. Sorry that's all I can think of, apart from seeing if there is a setting with a longer cooking option, or maybe removing the bread from the maker and finishing in the oven which sort of defeats the purpose really, you may as well use a dough only mix and oven bake. Hope this has been of help.

cassie59, Jul 10, 7:04am
Thanks kinna54 your reply has been very helpfull! I do have a french bread setting so will give that a go. I dont leave the bread in the bread pan after it is cooked. Thanks very much for your reply!

joybells2, Jul 10, 11:19pm
I never use the rapid bake, never had any luck with it.