Just put a pav in the crockpot.

Page 2 / 2
pam.delilah, Aug 3, 2:56am
so one can see how the paper and pav looks in the slow cooker and it gives feed back and experiences

tippsey, Aug 5, 2:30am
Well I put my pav in the slow cooker about an hr & 15mins ago. I checked it after an hour and felt it needed a bit longer, so decided to leave it the 1.5 hrs. Just took a peek at it. Wow it has risen up and in one place hit the tea towel. Boy am I glad I only used 4 eggs instead of 6 eggs. lol. You see I wasn't prepared to waste 6 eggs if it was a flop and as I normally only use 4 eggs in my pav's in the oven decided 4 was enough. Having done it in the smaller slow cooker, I think I might use 6 eggs in the large oval slow cooker. Will let you know how it goes later.

tippsey, Aug 5, 8:27pm
Well the Pavlova was lovely, however perhaps my slow cooker is cooler than some as although I cooked it for the 1.5hrs and left it to cool, it needed more cooking. It was very weepy. I shall certainly try it again, however I think I will be leaving the slow cooker turned on for around 3hrs.

xtownie, Aug 7, 12:20am
Mine was fantastic the family loved it. Hubby is my worst cooking critic and he thought it was great so that's a winner lol. Not as crunchy as my usual oven Pav but still did get that cruch going on around edge. Only problem I did have was it did stick to the baking paper a bit.

anne1955, Aug 7, 8:21am
If it is sticking I'd say give paper and extra spray with oil and flick around water sides bottom No I haven't tried it but what I do with mine and they are great but heck when I am full on with oven what a great idea.

wendalls, Aug 7, 10:15am
I thought weepy meant not beaten for long enough?

xtownie, Aug 7, 6:41pm
Mine wasn't weepy at all, I make the entire beating process take about 15 - 20 mins, I leave mixer going, go off and do few jobs an every now and then add a bit more of the sugar. Nana taught me that, she was a multi tasker to lol

creek, Aug 9, 6:47am
mine was tough and alfull

dairymaid, Aug 13, 6:05am
Have made this its great very marshmallow but oh very very yummy

korbo, Aug 13, 8:56am
I was very septical about this pav, but gave it a go. tho I must have written the ingredients down wrong, as I had 2 tblspn of cornflour.
anyway, it turned out great, and yes as someone said better the next day. it didnt go weepy and stayed crunchy. I think I overcooked a little as had a slightly burnt bit on side. give it a go.

chchgurl, Aug 13, 9:28am
I over cooked mine because I thought it looked too marshmellowy LOL will try again and just stick to the 1.5hrs!

xtownie, Aug 13, 6:58pm
After 1.5 hours mine looked very much just like the mixture had just set and no more, but during the cooling down while still in crockpot (with it turned off) time it browned slighlty and crunched up a bit. The crockpot took a lot longer to cool than the oven, so Pav had plenty of resting time to finish cooking.

vomo2, Aug 22, 3:06am
lightly spray the paper with oil spray or very lightly greasecwith butter paper. This also works for paper cup cake cases.

korbo, Aug 22, 4:39am
I have made 2, and they certainly are a talking point around the dinner table. Tried the cake with the can of fizz, but it sank in the middle. Maybe my can of fizz was old. will try again tho. scrolls superb, and last nights steak meal one of the nice i have had for a while.

griffo4, Aug 22, 6:10am
Will have to try this one

groomingtools, Aug 22, 7:18am
Made it yesterday morning - gave more like 2 hours of cooking then left in crockpot all day. In fridge all night. Crunchy on edges and bottom. I am not a pav lover but I really did enjoy it (and the other 8 people as well have requested it to be a frequent pud) Definitely a winner. Doing the paper bit was the hardest part

korbo, Aug 22, 10:15am
have you a round or oval sc. i got some paper cases big enough to fit in my zip round cooker.

groomingtools, Sep 5, 3:23am
Have made this twice now and everyone loves it. I am not a pav fan but do enjoy this one

griffo4, Sep 7, 4:44am
Mine is in the crock pot but left it longer as it didn't seem cooked so will see tomorrow when we eat it
l will report back
Oh and l used 2 tablespoons cornflour because this recipe is the same as the one l have had for years

harrislucinda, Sep 7, 11:18pm
have this in now yes will report

harrislucinda, Sep 8, 6:52am
wont be making a pav in the oven this turned out best ever Sorry don't know how to put pictures up

persioux, Dec 17, 5:06am
This was absolutely fantastic. Made a trial one in the weekend in case it was a flop . Mostly marshmallow and went down a treat. Definitely making it again for Christmas. I subbed 3 Tbsps of castor sugar with coconut sugar which made it slightly caramelly. Yummo.

harrislucinda, Dec 17, 6:10am
http://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/352911022.jpgthis was my crock pot pav with plums on top Pic ture never came I will try again

harrislucinda, Apr 4, 2:14am