RAW & DELICIOUS

Page 1 / 2
bev00, Jan 22, 9:34am
Raw Cauliflower Salad
Chop/break half a cauli into small pieces, Put into bowl, melt 30 gms of butter add 1.5 tsp curry (more or less to your taste) add 1 TBSP brown sugar, stir till combined, take off heat and add 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup of ETA majo, stir till combined and add to cauli. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving, can also add roasted peanuts.

Quotemackenzie2 (1049 ) 8:10 am, Tue 22 Jan #2
I melt butter ( I just guess, about 20-30 gms) add tsp curry powder or to taste, then add cashew nuts and a few raisins. Cook gently for a few minutes and take off the heat. when its cooled add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of mayo (depending on how much cauliflower is used). Add to lightly cooked cauliflower.Sometimes also add pumpkin and sunflower seeds with the cashew nuts.

Quotemajurti (9 ) 9:23 am, Tue 22 Jan #3
Raw cauli (Small) broken into small pieces
1 green pepper chopped
1/2 cup sultanas
melt 25g butter, add 1 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp curry powder plus 1/2 cup mayo mix together pour dressing over vege, and chill. before serving garhish with 3/4 cup cashews. I dont like cauliflower, but will eat huge amounts of this. (Mrs W)

Quotewingee (350 ) 10:31 am, Tue 22 Jan #4

angel404, Jan 22, 12:10pm
I love raw sweet treats and I find this woman's recipes super yum. www.therawtarian.com.

mumstu, Jan 23, 1:44am
Oh yes, the rawtarian is one of my favourites. Check out www.petitekitchen.co.nz she has a lot of raw stuff on her site thats rather yummy.

I had a go at making raw cheese the other day and now my family ask for it all the time. very tasty.

frances1266, Jan 23, 2:53am
Could you post the recipe please mumstu.

frances1266, Jan 23, 5:57pm
Check out Mimi Kirk's site. She follows a raw vegan diet and looks amazing.
She is in her 70s and looks in her 40s.

cookessentials, Jan 23, 6:13pm
The recipes bev pasted are not actually raw. Raw foods are exactly that. No food to be heated above 46 degrees celcius. Pretty sure butter is not raw or vegan.

lythande1, Jan 26, 2:36am
[quote=cookessentialsfor those of you that eat raw or who want to venture in to raw eating The first recipe is peanut butter cups [/quote]
Right. Healthy then.
Maple syrup, peanut butter.
Fattening.

I eat raw.
Today I had raw passionfruit, raw Black Doris plums and raw strawberries.

Even had some raw capsicum, cucumber and tomatoes for lunch.
Eat raw peas - straight from the pod - as I pick them off the plant.

But I also made STeak and Kidney pie for dinner, to be served with the cooked beans I picked and some cooked kumara.

motorbo, Jan 26, 3:32am
I don't really understand the point of your post, everyone has a different view and different likes and dislikes - you don't agree - then don't post, childish anti thread behaviour isn't required and really only makes the person that makes these comments look silly.
as to raw sweet treats, anything nature made I will happily eat before processed manufactured sweets, some of which are made using gelatine made from animals. yuck so each to their own huh . have a nice day!

Right. Healthy then.
Fattening.

I eat raw.

But I also made STeak and Kidney pie for dinner, to be served with the cooked beans I picked and some cooked kumara.[/quote]

akl439, Jan 26, 5:35am
cookessentials wrote:
Zucchini-
Fettuccine

Just made it - delicious. Thank you for that. Hope we get lots more recipes posted in here.

mumstu, Jan 26, 5:55am
Raw Cheese Recipe:

Soak 150gm raw cashew nuts in a blender (just barely cover with water).

After an hour or so blend till smooth. Add Nutritional Yeast about 1/2 cup (not the brewers yeast from Binn Inn) I use Braggs which comes on a shaker type container and I get it from the health food shop.

Add salt to taste and blitz all together.

Devine.

kay34, Jan 27, 7:31am
Bumping, the beetroot and carrot salad sounds divine!

akl439, Jan 28, 1:56am
This one is from Matthew Kenney

TABBOULEH
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and soaked for 24 hours
1/4 cup olive oil, 3T lemon juice, 1t sea salt
1 cup seeded and diced cucumber
1 cup seeded and diced roma tomatoes
1/4 cup minced red onion, 1/2 cup flat Italian parsley

Drain quinoa; transfer to a medium bowl and marinate in olive oil, lemon juice and salt for 30 mins to 1 hour. Add remaining ingredients and toss until well incorporated. Eat immediately or let flavours marinate for an hour prior to serving.

cookessentials, Jan 28, 11:47pm
Right. Healthy then.
Fattening.

I eat raw.

But I also made STeak and Kidney pie for dinner, to be served with the cooked beans I picked and some cooked kumara.[/quote] Mmmm, what an odd comment but not surprising.

motorbo, Feb 8, 12:48am
had a very yummy carrot cake today . and delish kombucha drink. so need to get into raw

winnie231, Feb 8, 2:13am
The following is a delicious dessert & the mixture for the base can also be used on it's own to make bliss balls :)

Strawberry Cream Pie (from Dr Libby’s Real Food Chef)
Base:
Zest of lime
6 chopped dried apricots
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds
½ cup almonds (soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes)
½ cup dessicated coconut
¼ cup tahini (I use Pic's peanut butter)
½ tablespoon water

Strawberry topping:
100g cocoa butter (I used coconut oil)
2 ½ cup raw cashew nuts
Juice of one lime
½ cup maple syrup (or agave)
2 punnets of strawberries

1) Melt the cocoa butter on low heat, set aside allow to cool
2) Using a food processor process the base ingredients
3) Press base mix into a 20cm (8inch) tart pan
4) When cocoa butter is cool, using a blender, blend all strawberry topping ingredients together
5) Pour strawberry topping onto base, smooth out and chill until set.

motorbo, Feb 8, 2:23am
yum winne. do you think it would work well with other toppings, e.g blueberries? and are Dr libbys books worth buying?

Im still dreaming about the raw carrot cake I ate was so delish

winnie231, Feb 8, 3:31am
I think it would work fine with other berries :)
And the books are great but expensive. I prefer to get them out of the library when I want them.

motorbo, Feb 8, 10:10pm
good idea I didn't think of that, thanks winnie

frances1266, Mar 10, 2:42am
What do raw food people eat in winter? Just wondering if it would be ok for our climate as it would mean no soups, casseroles etc.

cookessentials, Mar 10, 9:34pm
Raw food can be heated to no more than 46 degrees celcius.

cookessentials, Nov 14, 9:33pm
I have started this thread for those of you that either do eat raw or who want to venture in to raw eating or perhaps use some of the raw recipes for an occasional meal or treat. The first recipe is a link to raw peanut butter cups which I know a few of you really like. I have yet to try these, however, they do get a good rating. I have a few recipes to share, including a great chilli with green lentils. Eating raw is not just about eating lettuce leaves LOL, it can be anything that is not "cooked" or heated above 46 degrees C. For some recipes, you need a good dehydrator ( something I am saving up for) but there are many that do not require a dehydrator.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/smart-sweet-mini-peanut-butter-cups/

cookessentials, Nov 14, 9:35pm
RAW CARAMEL SLICE AKA MILLIONAIRES SHORTBREAD.
Courtesy Scott Mathias Raw.

BASE:
1/2 cup Medjool dates
1.5 cups almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract
CARAMEL:
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
lge pinch Himalayan salt

CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
4 tbsp. raw cacao
1 tsp carob powder
4 tbsp. coconut sugar or agave syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
dash of coconut cream.

Grind dates and almonds in blender. Add vanilla until sticky and press into a rectangular dish greased with coconut oil. Blend caramel ingredients together and pour of biscuit base and set in the freezer for twenty minutes. While slice is setting, melt coconut oil for the chocolate crunch topping then add all the other ingredients and stir well. Let cool for five minutes and then pour topping over slice and place back in the freezer to set again. Cut into small squares to serve. Makes 15.

Tip: line dish with glad wrap instead of coconut oil for easy removal.

cookessentials, Nov 14, 9:59pm
Zucchini Fettuccine

2x medium courgette (Zucchini)
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
water 1/2 cup ( but don't put it all in at once)
1 tbsp. lemon juice ( add more to your taste if you wish)
1 lge fresh clove of garlic, crushed.
nutmeg, Himalayan salt and a little ground pepper if you wish.

Using your vegetable peeler, cut thin strips of courgette into a bowl. Grind cashew nuts to a fine powder ( I use a coffee grinder especially for my nuts and seeds) to the cashews, add water, garlic and lemon juice to make a thickish sauce. Sometimes I use the half cup, sometimes a bit less. Pour the sauce over the courgette "fettucinne" and mix through well. Serve in bowls with a little grated nutmeg on the top. It is so delicious and it is made in about five minutes

mumstu, Nov 15, 12:17am
Oh thank you for this Cooksessentials. just what I have been looking for.

cookessentials, Nov 15, 3:00am
cacao butter is so much better for you though ellie and believe me, it is actually much nicer. Not sweet, but very chocolatey