Pumpkin and spinach lasagne = delicious!

akd100, Aug 10, 8:16am
I made this for dinner! Soooooo yum.

macandrosie, Aug 10, 8:34am
Don't spose you'd like to share the recipe would you? Sounz yummy!

darlingmole, Aug 10, 8:35am
yeah - share~~!

akd100, Aug 10, 8:48am
Yip no worries at all. Happy to share! ! !

akd100, Aug 10, 8:51am
1 tbsp olive oil
750g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1-2 cm dice
1 onion sliced
1 cup cottage cheese
1 egg beaten
1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
400g watties extra chunky tomato and garlic pasta sauce
350g watties free flow chopped spinach
1 cup grated mozzarella or edam cheese
200g fresh lasagne

Method to follow

akd100, Aug 10, 8:58am
Heat oil in large fry pan, cook pumpkin and onion until golden and tender, season with pepper.

Combine cottage cheese with egg and thyme and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine pasta sauce with 1/2 cup cold water, mix well

Cut 3 sheets and lasagne to fit in dish. Spoon 1/4 of the pasta sauce onto the base, place one sheet of lasagne on top. Cover with 1/2 of the cooked pumpkin mix and 1/2 the spinach, spoon over 1/4 more pasta sauce and spread with 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture, sprinkle with 1/4 cup of mozzarella. Repeat for the next layer. Finish with a lasagne sheet. Spoon over remaining pasta sauce and 1/2 cup of mozzarella.

Cook in a preheated oven at 180c for 35-40 mins or until golden and the pasta is tender.

If using dry pasta sheets add an extra 1/2 cup of water and cook for an extra 10 mins.

akd100, Aug 10, 8:59am
Its really easy, hardly any dishes and sooooo yum! ! !

macandrosie, Aug 10, 9:14am
Thanks s much will definitely try this one!

perle, Aug 10, 9:24am
I always mix 1 tub sour cream, 1 tub cottage cheese, 1 beaten egg, parmesan cheese, black pepper... mix all together use as bechamel sauce inbetween layers and as topping. . great for vege or traditional lasange mmm

akd100, Aug 10, 9:28am
It was really really good. Tonight was the first time I'd made it.

darlingmole, Aug 10, 9:29am
sounds like a future dinner for my family so I appreciate you sharing that one ... cheers~!

akd100, Aug 10, 9:34am
No prob. It really was very very easy, and I loved that there were bugger all dishes lol and I made a good size dish. Nice and filling too!

ruby19, Aug 10, 7:43pm
Try adding some feta cheese with the cottage cheese, yum. I roast my pumpkin , with some moroccan spices, but definitely agree the pumpkin spinach & cheese combo is good.

andi.surf, Aug 10, 10:28pm
Sounds yummy. Hope this isnt a dumb question but do I need to cook spinach first or will it cook in lasagne? Thanks

andrea1978, Aug 11, 12:28am
Roast pumpkin with cumin and paprika - it's so good! :)

akd100, Jan 15, 4:47pm
Not a dumb question at all, if I didn't have a recipe I wouldn't know either. Actually I still don't know lol I cheated and bought the watties frozen one which you just put straight into the lasagne without cooking first.