SIMPLE DELICIOUS WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPE PLEASE...

timid_, Aug 16, 10:52pm
Hiya, I'm sick of the usual roast chicken in the oven. Willing to try something different provided it's delicious and give feedback. Much appreciated...

darlingmole, Aug 16, 11:09pm
have you ever chopped your whole chicken in half, basted in bbq sauce and then slowly cooked it on a hooded bbq? It's nice that way

fifie, Aug 16, 11:29pm
Have you tried Road Kill Chicken ? fishers recipe is nice. . http://www.e-ware.co.nz/chicken.htm

fisher, Aug 17, 1:25am
fifie. . it is extremely fabulous but I cant take the credit. .
kirinesha recipe...

winnie231, Aug 17, 3:06am
Oh - I've been beaten to it ... I was going to say kirinesha's roadkill chicken too.
Do try it ... it's very, very good! ! !

seniorbones, Aug 17, 4:41am
wish I had seen this sunday, won a large chook at the club and just baked in an overbag with lemon seasoning on sunday, it was yummy but will try the road kill next time.

kirinesha, Aug 17, 6:07am
I even have a fresh chicken in the fridge right now earmarked as "road kill"! I've also go another one my mother picked up from a local chef in Greece where the chicken is cooked with 40 cloves of garlic - comes out vey mild though :)

winnie231, Aug 17, 8:39am
ooh - please share it kirinesha ... . sounds great!

kirinesha, Aug 17, 9:08am
Here you go Winnie... .

~~~Greek Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic~~~

1. 5 kg chicken or chicken pieces
salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
40 cloves of garlic (3-4 bulbs)
1/2 cup of chicken stock
a handful of chopped parsley
and a sprig of rosemary

Joint chicken if using a whole one... season lightly with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a pan and brown the chicken, drain fat from the pan
and put into a casserole wth the remaining ingredients.
Cover the casserole with foil and place lid on top so that it is well sealed.
Cook in a slow oven, 120C until tender... approx 2 hours.

This dish may also be made in a crockpot/slow cooker. Serve with cauliflower rice and a Greek salad

antoniab, Aug 17, 9:11am
My Uncle makes this - its delish!

winnie231, Aug 17, 9:14am
thanks kirinesha ... definitely going to try that one!

sylvia, Feb 3, 10:53am
Try 4 1/2 cup chicken:
Simmer whole chicken on stovetop in 1 cup water; 1 cup chicken stock; 1 cup rice wine; 1 cup soya sauce; 1/2 cup sugar and 2 star anise. Cook for 30 mins, turn and cook another 30 mins then turn off and sit for 15 mins.
Theliquid can be used over rice, or frozen to re-use. We just love this, and the chicken is fabulous cold as well. It's been a hit with everyone who has tried it. Works well with chicken pieces also. I think this recipe came from someone on here so thanks!