Wanting an easy and delicious trifle recipe

amanda_simonp, Dec 7, 4:29am
pls for xmas day.Any help please.

thank you.

rileysmum, Dec 7, 4:42am
ditto:)

bella34, Dec 7, 8:04am
I just buy trifle sponges, 2 cans of watties boysenberries, 1 boysenberry jelly, 1 300ml cream and large pourable custard I think meadowfresh.
Make up jelly and place in fridge.Drain the boysenberries of their juice and fold them into the custard ( I don't measure) Pour remaining juice from the boysenberries over the trifle cut into squares,whip the cream and add some custard to the cream which sweetens it.
Then I just layer it sponge,custard mix,sponge,jelly and cream.Yum

actiongirl1, Dec 7, 8:26am
1 unfilled sponge, tin boysenberries, pkt vanilla instant pudding, 300mls cream, 300mls milk, 1 teasp vanilla essence.
Break up sponge into bowl and pour tin boysenberries over the top.
In another bowl beat together, instant pudding, cream and milk and vanilla essence till thick, then pour over the sponge and boysenberries.
I sprinkle crumbled flake bar on the top.
Easy and so delicious

amanda_simonp, Dec 7, 7:10pm
Thank you ladies so much for your help.Perfect

seniorbones, Oct 6, 3:00am
I have never added jelly..I serve it on its own, I just cut up the sponge pour over fruit juice or sherry if for adults but not so the sponge is too wet, then I add fresh berries lots of them mixed if you can, next layer is custard and sometimes if I'm in a hurry I have bought it, swiss maid is the nicest, then cream and decorate with more berries or fruit. My grandmother always made the trifles for xmas day and I dont ever remember jelly being used in it. Actiongirl yous sounds nice too might give that a try do you drain the berries? it would be a lot of juice.