Im after a delicious recipe for Tom Yum Soup...

smudge75, Mar 27, 2:17am
I love this soup and spend a small fortune buying it, has anyone made a super delicious one?

uli, Mar 27, 3:20am
Super delicious?

winnie231, Mar 27, 3:34am
Tom Yum Kung (Hot and Spicy Prawn Soup)
500 g, approx med size green prawns, 4 stalks fresh lemongrass (sliced and bruised), 7 - 10 slices dried galanga(if using fresh use same amt), 5-6 kaffir lime leaves, 3 shallots cut into quarters, 6 c h2o, 4-5 Tbs fish sauce, 4-5 Tsp lemon juice, 2-3 fresh chillies (crushed), 10 small button mushrooms cut into quarters, 1 small bunch coriander leaves coarsely chopped. Method 1. Place h2o into med sauce pan and bring to boil. 2. Add galanga and simmer fro 5 mins. 3. Remove pan from heat and allow galanga to soak for 10 - 15 mins. 4. Return pan to heat and boil again. 5. Add lemongrass stallots, kaffir lime and boil for 5 mins. (if using fresh galanga add here). 6. Add prowns and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 mins. Romove from heat. 7. Add fish sauce, lemon juice and crushed chillies. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary. 8. Sprinkle with coriander before serving. This recipie is one from a guy who I work with He is Thai and cooks the most devine food, he takes classes and they are the best. posted by obie1

smudge75, Mar 27, 5:31am
Yum, thanks heaps!

bev00, Mar 15, 9:46am
Does anyone have a recipe using tofu please?

bev00, Mar 16, 9:46am
Does anyone have a recipe using tofu please!

smudge75, Mar 28, 2:17am
I love this soup and spend a small fortune buying it, has anyone made a super delicious one!

uli, Mar 28, 3:20am
Super delicious!

winnie231, Mar 28, 3:34am
Tom Yum Kung (Hot and Spicy Prawn Soup)
500 g,approx med size green prawns, 4 stalks fresh lemongrass (sliced and bruised), 7 - 10 slices dried galanga(if using fresh use same amt), 5-6 kaffir lime leaves, 3 shallots cut into quarters, 6 c h2o, 4-5 Tbs fish sauce, 4-5 Tsp lemon juice, 2-3 fresh chillies (crushed), 10 small button mushrooms cut into quarters, 1 small bunch coriander leaves coarsely chopped. Method 1. Place h2o into med sauce pan and bring to boil. 2. Add galanga and simmer fro 5 mins. 3. Remove pan from heat and allow galanga to soak for 10 - 15 mins. 4. Return pan to heat and boil again. 5. Add lemongrass stallots, kaffir lime and boil for 5 mins. (if using fresh galanga add here). 6. Add prowns and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 mins. Romove from heat. 7. Add fish sauce, lemon juice and crushed chillies. Check seasoning and adjust if necessary. 8. Sprinkle with coriander before serving. This recipie is one from a guy who I work with He is Thai and cooks the most devine food, he takes classes and they are the best. posted by obie1

smudge75, Mar 28, 5:31am
Yum, thanks heaps!