I want to buy a slow cooker or crock pot

beewee, Apr 27, 8:26pm
Whats the difference and what brand would you recommend?

st_allie, Apr 27, 9:15pm
not sure what the difference is. . mine is a reasonably large sunbeam one. . easy to keep clean and just has a low or high setting on it. No problems with it and I needed the larger size as am feeding six people here. If it was only the two of us, I'd probably go for a smaller sized one.

lilyfield, Apr 27, 9:37pm
two different words for the same small appliance

melindaroger, Apr 27, 9:44pm
I think crockpot is just a brand of slow cooker. I have a Zip got it from Briscoes when they had one of their many sales. I like it, had it about 5 years no problems.

rainrain1, Apr 27, 9:53pm
Don't know the best brand, but i recommend you buy an oval shaped one, as it suits longer chooks, and other cuts of meat

kay141, Apr 27, 9:56pm
I have 2, both Zips from Briscoes. I originally bought a small round one and then found I couldn't fit some things in. So I agree if you are only planning on having one, an oval is best. But I do use both.

21-4-ever, Apr 28, 1:26am
My Sunbeam packed it in after 15 years.

I just got a Zip Oval one for $60. 00 at Briscoes! Cheap as

nzhel, Apr 28, 2:15am
I have just bought the new Joan Bishop 'Crockpot & Slow Cooker Cookbook' and she sums it up by saying: 'The new generation of slow cooker operates at a higher temperature than the older-style Crockpot'. I have two cookers - an elderly Ralta crockpot (now Sunbeam) and a newer large Kambrook cooker. The Kambrook is definitely hotter on the low setting and cooks a lot faster than the Ralta. I use both but mostly prefer and use the older crockpot.

milfi_69, Apr 28, 11:24pm
I have a Slow Cooker - Russel Hobbs - It's the big Black oval shape one. . Lovely Looking and does an amazing job.
Absolutaly huge. Will fit enough to feed a family on 8+ easily and then i can stil use it just to feed me my partner and our son.
Worth the money. Briscoes quite often have them 60% of.

cloudberry, Apr 28, 11:27pm
Mine is a Russell Hobbs too, but it's the smallest size. Big enough for our household of two. Absolutely fabber dabber, my favourite appliance. i couldn't do without it now.

fisher, Apr 29, 12:28am
Large oval russel hobbs... mine seems to come out in the autumn/winter months for those soups, beef stews, lamb shanks, lamb neck chops, lamb shoulder chops and corned beef sort of comfort food meals... Have a small round one also but like to use the large oval and save some of the meal for a later time...

beaker59, Apr 29, 7:32am
I bought a really cheap chinese one from the supermarket specials bin I think it was $39. 95 or something like that. That was 4 years ago probably my best buy ever it gets used once or twice a week and saves me heaps of time and money. Pick one thats as big as you can fit in your cupboardthat has a high and low settings.

kirinesha, Apr 29, 7:34am
We have a large oval one. There's only the two of us so we make large quantities and freeze meals for when we're both working late (which is often! ).

raewyn64, Mar 16, 3:42pm
Yes large oval one here. Mine has high, low, warm and off settings which I find good as hubby gets home before me and so he just switches it to warm and leaves it until I get home - so it hasn't overcooked or gone cold from being turned off.