Crock pot lasagnea how do u make this?

dartchamp, May 23, 7:28pm
and is it nice?

lizab, May 23, 8:22pm
I've made lasagna in the crockpot for the shearers, I cooked it in the oven though. I wasn't going to be around to feed them, so the lasagna came out of the fridge and sat in the crockpot on low heat until lunchtime. (easier for hubby then!)

zappi, May 23, 9:31pm
Alison Holsts Lazy Lasagne Recipe.
For 4-6 servings.
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
500 g mince
1 pkt tomato soup mix
¼ cup tomato paste
Can of tomato puree
2 tspn instant beef stock powder
1 cup hot water
1 tspn each of oregano, and basil (dried)
250g (about 3-4 cups) small lasagna shapes or long lasagna strips.
Topping:
2 tspn cornflour
1 large egg
¾ cup milk, sour cream or a mixture (I just use Soy milk)
1 cup grated tasty cheese
Paprika, optional

zappi, May 23, 9:32pm
Turn the slow cooker on to HIGH to preheat and coat the bowl with non stick spray.
Put the garlic, tomato puree, tomato paste, herbs, beef stock and tomato soup pkt and mince into a bowl and combine well together.Adding the hot water last before mixing.

Spread one third of the meat mixture evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker bowl.Place half the lasagna noodles over the meat. (the recipe doesn’t say so but I put a small amount of grated cheese over the noodles) and then add another layer of 1/3 meat mixture, the remaining pasta (another sprinkling of cheese) and then cover with remaining 1/3 meat mixture. (You may like to keep a bit more than a third of the meat mixture for the top layer)

To make the topping, mix together the cornflour, egg, milk (and/or sour cream) and cheese.Pour this over everything in the slow cooker and sprinkle with paprika (if using)

Turn the slow cooker to LOW and cook for 8-9 hours.

zappi, May 23, 9:33pm
Our family always enjoys this recipe.So easy to make and reheats well by putting crockpot on warm if taken anywhere.Nice and moist, not dry.

dartchamp, May 23, 9:49pm
thank-you im gona try it :)

lizab, May 23, 11:11pm
does the pasta go in uncooked?

zappi, May 23, 11:42pm
Yes the pasta goes in uncooked.They are the packets of lasagne pieces, not sheets.

lizab, May 23, 11:54pm
Thank you - sounds like a very handy recipe, especially as I'm going back to work fulltime from tomorrow!!!! :)

zappi, May 24, 12:03am
The Alison Holst Book: 100 Ways to Use Slow Cookers and Crockpots is a great book with everyday meals for the family.Could be worth a look.

lizab, May 24, 8:22pm
I've made lasagna in the crockpot for the shearers, I cooked it in the oven though. I wasn't going to be around to feed them, so the lasagna came out of the fridge and sat in the crockpot on low heat until lunchtime. (easier for hubby then!)

lizab, May 24, 11:11pm
does the pasta go in uncooked!

lizab, May 24, 11:54pm
Thank you - sounds like a very handy recipe, especially as I'm going back to work fulltime from tomorrow! :)

cottagerose, May 25, 6:12am
I use this book twice a week and its great The red one, not the green one.
Then, using a pencil in my book I write whether the recipe was OK, Good, excellent or not keen. or any comments such as, use a bit less red curry paste.