How do i do chicken in the crock pot

crystal_blaise, May 9, 8:51am
what do i need to add to the pot? ?

harrislucinda, May 9, 9:05am
just thechickennoliquidasitwilljuiceupcando acrock pot hangirealnice

auntlb, May 9, 9:10am
I don't put any liquid in with the chicken but sometimes add an onion - then you can use the stock to start a yummy soup!

crystal_blaise, May 9, 9:37pm
yummmmm

purplegoanna, May 9, 10:55pm
i put good 1cm slice of carrot on the bottom of the dish then place the chicken ontop of them with about 2cm of water.

suie1, May 10, 12:41am
Make sure Chicken is thawed completely, cooking from frozen will crack the bowl.

ttwisty, May 10, 1:41am
wrap in tinfoil keeps it moist

fisher, May 10, 2:30am
Crockpot Chicken
Rinse the chicken inside and out, remove all visible fat.
Ingredients:
1. 8kg chicken. . 1. 5 cups breadcrumbs. . grated zest of 1 lemon. . 1 tbsp finely chopped onion. . 1/4 tsp dried thyme. . 1/2 tsp dried marjoram. . 1 tbsp chopped parsley. . 2 tbsp melted butter. . salt and freshly ground black pepper. . paprika to sprinkle over chicken. .
Method:...
Place all the stuffing ingredients excluding paprika in a bowl and lightly mix together. If the mixture is crumbly, use a little water or lemon juice... .
Avoid making the stuffing too moist... Stuff the chicken cavity lightly with this mixture and secure the openings with toothpicks...
Place the chicken in the cooker, breast down... Put the paprika in a small fine sieve and sprinkle it gently and evenly over the chicken...
Crockpot on low for 7 hours or on high for 5 hours. Rest for 10 mins before serving to absorb all the juices...

fisher, May 10, 2:33am
Crockpot Lemon Chicken
1. 5kg chicken takes 7 hours on Low/auto
Rinse the chicken inside and out, remove all visible fat.
Put half a lemon inside the cavity along with a sprig of rosemary and a sprinkle of salt... Add 2-3 smashed cloves of garlic inside. Mix together 3 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle of black pepper. . 1 tsp crushed garlic. . 1 tsp rosemary finely cut...
Separate the skin from the breast meat with the fingers. Smear most of the flavoured oil in between the skin and breast meat... . .
Rub outside of the chicken with the other half of the lemon, squeezing some of the juice, also smear over the balance of the oil mixture... .
Place in crockpot and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Check temp with thermometer.
Rest for 10 mins before serving to absorb all the juices

veejay13, May 10, 2:44am
I use the Simon and Alison Holst one which is very simple and tasty. Take a whole chicken (about 2kgs), mix tog. 1 Tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce, 1 teasp. sesame oil, 1 tsp. of onion or garlic or celery salt. Rub all over the chicken and leave in a plastic bag in the fridge overnight. Cook on HIGH - just cooked after 4 hours, well cooked after 6 hours and falling off the bone easily after 8 hours. No liquid at all is added and they say place in the cooker breast up.

There will be juice when the cooking's done and you can either pour it over the chicken when serving, or thicken for gravy.

nzl99, Apr 29, 11:35pm
Hey guys.... I'm also wanting to do my root veges in the cooker as well... never used one before... how long will your avegerage tatie cut in half, take to cook on a med heat do you think...?An hour or two....?

sathan81, Apr 30, 7:22am
I made the Hungi in a crock pot using chicken a couple of weeks ago and OMG it was sooo good, lol