What is for dinner at your house tonight?

Page 1 / 2
falcon100, Mar 5, 10:53pm
I have chicken kebabs but does anyone have any suggestions what to serve with!Thanks for your help

meynells, Mar 5, 11:00pm
home made wedges and salad will be yum with chicken kebabs :)

themillers1, Mar 5, 11:36pm
No idea! I usually don't decide till and hour or half an hour before I eat lol.

millseys, Mar 5, 11:51pm
I'm going out for Thai with some girlfriends, DH & the kids are having leftover beef & vege lasagne

davidt4, Mar 6, 12:56am
Chile con Carne with avocado, sour cream, cauli rice and lettuce.

beaker59, Mar 6, 1:14am
Roast lamb with veges in cheese sauce.

fifie, Mar 6, 1:32am
Leftovers, slices of cooked spud, pumpkin, mince over these topped withslices of buttered garlic bread sprinkled with grated cheese, baked till bubbling hot and bread is golden and crunchy.

kirmag, Mar 6, 4:03am
Either. butter chicken, chicken korma, or green thai curry chicken - with rice. I got chicken out this morning for dinner. but can't decide on the style it will be cooked yet.

maximus44, Mar 6, 4:43am
Homemade hamburgers made with venison patties.

ruby19, Mar 6, 4:44am
Roast chicken here, not sure what to put with it yet !

petal1955, Mar 6, 4:47am
Lambs Fry & Bacon in a port and orange sauce served on rice with veggies

lilyfield, Mar 6, 4:50am
Freshly dug potatoes and cottage cheese

village.green, Mar 6, 4:52am
Salmon for me and hubby, gurnard for the kids (they won't eat salmon), spud wedges and something fabulous with home grown runner beans.

holly-rocks, Mar 6, 6:08am
Im making a big pot of vegie soup ~ most of the vegies are from the garden, then maybe some apple crumble ( apples from the garden too ):D

macwood2, Mar 6, 6:31am
petal 1955 - I would really like your Lambs Fry recipe with port and orange sauce, pretty please.My family like lambs fry very much and I usually do it with a tomato based sauce.TIA

gr8stuf4me, Mar 6, 6:37am
I had fresh salmon and salad - was rather nice if I do say so myself.

petal1955, Mar 6, 7:30am
Lamb’s Fry In Orange Sauce

240grms sliced lambs fry
4 teaspoons seasoned flour
4 teaspoons oil
3 rashers bacon sliced
1 onion sliced
1 clove of garlic crushed
¼ cup port
½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
½ cup beef stock
Grated rind of one lemon and one orange
2 cups of fresh veges (brocoli,cauli,peppers, courgettes, beans)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Pepper to season

Cut lambs fry into slices and toss in seasoned flour, and set aside.
Heat oil in pan and cook lambs fry till just pink.Remove from pan and keep warm, and then quickly cook bacon and keep warm
Add sliced onion, garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes.Pour in port to deglaze pan, and cook for a minute.Add orange juice, stock and fruit rind, the fresh veggies and chopped parsley.Add the warmed lambs fry and bacon seasoning and serve on boiled rice.

petal1955, Mar 6, 7:32am
Here's another nice Lambs Fry recipe as well

Lambs Fry Creole

The Gas Board was making Lamb's Fry Creole. I have used the recipe heaps of times and passed it on to friends. I always say Don't Say My Family Won't East Lamb's Fry Until You Give This Dish A Try!
1 Mid to Large Lamb's Fry,
2 Tablespoons Oil,
1 Large Sliced Onion,
3 or 4 ozs Sliced Mushrooms,
4 or More Rashers of Bacon cut into large pieces,
1 Medium Chopped Red or Green Pepper,
1 x 425 gm Can Tomatoes Undrained, (or 1-lb tomatoes and 1/3 cup water),
1 Packet Onion Soup,
3/4 Cup Water,
Plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper and large pinch (or more) of curry powder. Coat cubed lamb's fry in seasoned flour. Heat oil and brown on all sides. Add bacon and cook 2-3 minutes. Add onion and pepper and cook another minute or so. Sprinkle in onion soup over ingredients. Add tomatoes and liquid, add mushroom and curry powder. Cover and simmer on very low heat for 30-40 minutes.Serve on rice.

toffeey, Mar 6, 7:42am
oooh I love lambs fry. I must give those a go.

I went around the garden and collected beans, peas, mint, rocket, basil, capsicum and red onion and added bacon, lemon juice, olive oil and lentils.

Yum.

I'm very proud of this cos I only have a tiny section and I am a first time gardener. It's very exciting.

davidt4, Mar 6, 8:53am
It's thrilling, isn't it.I love doing a trawl around the garden late afternoon, deciding what to harvest for the evening's dinner.And occasionally one ends up with a new combination of food that works so well that it becomes a staple household meal.I'm using fresh figs a lot lately and the combinations in salads are very successful.

angel404, Mar 6, 9:49am
We had chicken and mushroom casserole on brown rice.

toffeey, Mar 7, 6:34am
My fig tree is a bit sad this year davidt4. Will have to hope that there are some at the market on Saturday to get my fix of fresh figs.

fifie, Mar 7, 6:44am
Yum davidt, no figs down my way, we were a bit naughty tonight had juicybattered bluff oysters and chips in the deep fryer, very tasty and a good size this year.

antoniab, Mar 7, 6:49am
Fish pie with smoked snapper mmmm

amourette, Mar 7, 8:57am
Fillet Steak and Fig/Blue Cheese/Pecan green salad!