How do you stop a scan pan from sticking

hotstuff111, Mar 7, 1:31am
got a scan pan for christmas and i hate it every time i go to cook a meal the bloody thing sticksi have used my brothers one and it was so good. and help please.

urshala, Mar 7, 2:46am
I would like to know this too.

lilyfield, Mar 7, 3:14am
did you season it properly before first use!

cookessentials, Mar 7, 3:29am
is it a non-stick or a stainless steel!

cookessentials, Mar 7, 3:30am
If it is stainless, never put cold meat straight from the fridge in to a hot pan. Use room temp meat, a little oil when you put steak in the pan. move it around the pan a little while it is browning

gerry64, Mar 7, 4:19am
I bought a top of the line scan pan and had the same problem -I contacted the manufacturers as I had paid such a lot or what I thought was going to be the pan to beat all pans -the manufacturers advice was to put baking paper in the bottom of the pan! It went in the bin and I bought a Pete Evans pan with a dimpled bottom and it is stunning

bedazzledjewels, Mar 7, 6:17am
You chuck it out and get a Green Pan instead.

pogram0, Mar 7, 6:43am
I purchased a Scanpan many years ago when they first hit the market in Australia.It didn't take me long to find out they were just crap.They disappeared from the scene for a number of years but recently have come back onto the market because there is a new generation of people out there who don't have any prior knowledge of them.I, however, have a long memory!

wildflower, Mar 7, 7:22am
We got one a year or so back as we kept going thru non-stick ones as the non stick came off and we thought scan pan would be good but I find everything sticks too; it's stainless steel.

cookessentials, Mar 7, 7:56am
A good quality stainless steel pan will not stick. It needs to have a fully encapsulated base for good heat distribution.

dreamers, Mar 7, 8:10am
I have 3 Scanpans ,never had anything stick to them,but I never use the highest heat under them ( use cast iron for that ) I prefer them to my Le Cruset where everything catches on it.

mackenzie2, Mar 7, 7:38pm
I also have three, and have no problems with things sticking either. I only ever wash them in water no detergent, And never cook on really high heat.

lovelurking, Mar 7, 9:20pm
They have a lifetime guarantee.
All of you with problems, take them back to the retailer and they will be replaced without question.

missmuppett, Mar 7, 10:16pm
So thats probably where I stuffed up - using the scan pan on a real high heat. DOH!
Is there no way to save it - things are starting to stick now :(

wildflower, Mar 7, 10:24pm
I never put the heat up too much but it's gas flame, but the pan is supposed to be good for all stove types.

mackenzie2, Mar 8, 2:59am
I was told by Scanpan NZ to boil it on the cooktop with a TBSP of dishwasher powder, then to lightly scrub it, to remove the crap sticking to the non stick layer, I had to do it 3 times but it was brought back to new.

mackenzie2, Mar 8, 3:00am
Not life time only 10 years now, used to be lifetime. Well certainly not in NZ

gennie, Mar 9, 6:28am
We got a scanpan non stick one when we got married (about 12 years ago).In the box with it was a wire scrubber so I assumed the message was to clean with that so I did.There was certainly nothing in the accompanying literature saying not to.After 8 years it lost it's non stick so I rang them and sent it back (without the lid) and they sent me a new one (with a new lid too).I find if I don't scrub the bottom then it sticks when I make pikelets (which I do once a week).It is important to also have it preheated too - I find if it is cold when I put on food then it sticks too so always bring it up to heat first.