My Kitchen Rules

Page 3 / 10
strebor1, Feb 20, 4:42am
Lol! I can't wait for tonight's programme, but even more so can't wait to sit and criticise the two girls' food! Now that is going to be interesting!

lodgelocum, Feb 20, 4:48am
Dam, have to go out tonight so will Mysky it and watch later.The girls aren't cooking tonight though, are they!it's one of the couples I think!

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 4:53am
Yeah, it's the quieter couple from Perth, I think.
The girls cooking will be unmissable!

purplegoanna, Feb 20, 7:37am
gawd theyre cooking methods are shocking, i could understand it if it were a sunday dinner for themselves but to be in a comp and on tv for the world to see thats just a bizarre way to go about things.absolutley shocking actually, ive neva eva cooked couscous on a stove, it goes in a bowl, with seasoning then the right amount of boling water then chuck on a lid and it cooks itself perfectly.then you just keep it covered warm and flake it over a few times to fluff it up.neva eva boil it on the damn stove

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 7:51am
They were awful! So disorganised.

julzienz, Feb 20, 8:03am
What was that chocolate thingy for dessert! It looked yum :) But can't seem to find a recipe for something similar.

wendalls, Feb 20, 8:08am
Yeah. Why would you still guess the amounts on your third go even when you know you are "no good with ratios!"and running out of everything. Sad that they couldnt just ask a neighbour for icing sugar too. Shows you can be over confident.

wendalls, Feb 20, 8:10am
I think annabel langbein made a chocolate fondant that just oozed gooey choc. I gotta try it too

twindizzy, Feb 20, 9:27am
40 cutlets at $49.50 kg

Ouch

marcs, Feb 20, 12:00pm
This series so far is very. ditzy, critical. Not sure how to describe it. Don't like the b.t.hyness that goes on. OMG I am sure some of them are really dizzy. Looks like you guys are not too far behind. We are on to the third round of eliminations so about a week and half behind us in Auz.

esther-anne, Feb 20, 7:12pm
Don't be tempted.no spoilers from Oz pretty please!

lodgelocum, Feb 20, 7:27pm
Watched it when I got home at 11.30 last night!Couldn't believe their cooking methods and even worse, couldn't believe the scores they got!Their meals looked pathetic, don't know how they "pulled" it off.The promo for next week with the two girls looks like fireworks will be happening.lol

cloudberry, Feb 20, 7:32pm
I was astonished at how disorganised last night's couple were. It was hilarious! The couscous and icing sugar debacles had me shaking my head. Going on instinct is fine when you're just cooking for yourselves, but in a competition! Durr! Manu and Pete were very generous in their marking, I thought. I am SO looking forward to those girls next week, let's see if they cook as well as they talk!

twindizzy, Feb 20, 8:34pm
They were only 4 off the first couple who did quite well! Makes no sense, they bombed a few things majorly. What would they have got if they had presented two cutlets and added some ice cream and edible flowers to dessert!

Ridiculous.

strebor1, Feb 20, 9:40pm
Their chocolate Fondants looked pathetic! They are supposed to rise out of the ramekins, or whatever, they had sunken dents in the middle!

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 10:14pm
Why do contestants tackle fondants! It'd be almost impossible to get 12 of them cooked to the same level at once. While you're taking the first ones out, the others are still cooking a bit in their ramekins even though they'reout of the oven. And yes, I noticed they were sunk on the middle.
I was amazed at their high marks too. How could she make couscous so difficult!

ibcreative, Feb 20, 11:39pm
Yes, couscous has to be the easiest thing in the world to cook and it's criminal to get something so easy wrong in a cooking competition. Far too much "winging it".That's what happened with the crust for the cutlets too. Guessed how much she needed & got it totally wrong.

I thought Pete & Manu were far too generous.

bedazzledjewels, Feb 20, 11:46pm
Did you notice that they didn't visit the kitchen this time! Unless I missed that bit!

hutchk, Feb 20, 11:58pm
Has anybody else noticed that the senior Tassie bloke looks like Jemaine Clement's Dad (and speaks like an Ocker Tim Shadbolt)!

rockie6, Feb 21, 3:00am
I am sick of cooking shows and don't watch them now. I want some local gardening shows, like we used to have.

strebor1, Feb 21, 3:04am
I love cooking shows and I used to love one of the gardening shows, until it became a show about Maggie Barry really. It was quite noticeable when that happened, as not as much helpful information content was put into the show.I thought for the novice gardener, that was a shame as they had probably learnt quite a lot up until then.

rockie6, Feb 21, 3:11am
What was the gardening show they have just had on one of the sky channels! I can't remember the name of it. The presenter wasn't that good, but maybe she hadn't had enough presenting experience, but it was very watchable and showed peoples vege gardens and what they did with the produce. It was only a short series and needed to be longer. I wish I had taped it to rewatch, but no doubt it will be repeated. THAT is what we need more of, the basic, down to earth stuff that shows what can be produced in a garden, either large or small and how to use it.

The old garden shows, I agree, focused too much on the big Flower Show type things, here and overseas after a while. There was always something from each show though that you take with you.

lk104, Feb 21, 3:13am
Oh god -YAWN!

rockie6, Feb 21, 3:14am
You tired! Maybe you better take a nap.

lk104, Feb 21, 3:17am
Or I could just watch a gardening show to send me into a coma.