Cooking on TV

Page 1 / 4
pickles7, Feb 7, 9:19pm
I don't have to even turn the tv on to know. LOL

woody16, Feb 10, 9:29am
I always check the tv guide first.then i know when to leave it off.

zan444, Feb 10, 9:31am
I cant cook unless I'm watching how to on tv.

woody16, Feb 10, 9:35am
You have a visual brain! You need to watch!

zan444, Feb 10, 9:37am
I do.

woody16, Feb 10, 9:39am
Are you male!

shalema, Feb 10, 9:42am
Same, and it gets very tricky trying to measure ingredients and watch tv at the same time. The last time I made a curry, I included chocolate peanuts instead of raisins.It didn't go down to well. I'm kinda over it though. think I will just toss in whatever I see fit in future.It's just not worth the stress and stuff y'know.

woody16, Feb 10, 9:46am
The last time I made a curry I included chocolate peanuts instead of raisins.'''

You are my kind of cook.sounds delicious!

graybeard, Feb 10, 9:46am
Cooking on TV has got harder with the new flat screens . there's nowhere to rest the saucepans.

zan444, Feb 10, 9:50am
No I'm a female.

wendalls, Feb 10, 9:51am
Surely you gotta record it so you can pause it! I made a beef vindaloo this way. Tasted average that night but when i defrosted leftovers and reheated it was so yum i must have eaten another three portions!

shalema, Feb 10, 9:51am
Well I only wish the family were so easy to please as you Woody16. I didn't think it was half bad at all.Sure, it was different, but hey, I am naturally an innovative cook.

*shrugs*

zan444, Feb 10, 9:52am
Usually I buy that rice in a bag . then I wait for the ad to show me how to do it. Otherwise that would happen to me too.

woody16, Feb 10, 9:53am
Yes.so true.

woody16, Feb 10, 9:54am
Oh.

zan444, Feb 10, 9:55am
I can relate to that.

shalema, Feb 10, 9:55am
Hmmmmm. you could always place a coffee table very close to the tele. just watch the tv leads though.Gawd I have got into strife with them suckers some times.I stuffed up a flambe like that once. What a waste of good alcohol!

zan444, Feb 10, 9:56am
what do you mean 'Oh' !

woody16, Feb 10, 9:57am
You can't always please everyone.that's life.I'm sure your family would have been grateful for dessert.

shalema, Feb 10, 9:58am
Watch that stuff . the last packet I bought exploded on the way home from the supermarket.

shalema, Feb 10, 10:00am
Well in all honesty I've given up making desserts. I just hand fresh bananas around.Saves power and reduces the dishes significantly.

woody16, Feb 10, 10:02am
Just wondered.do you have a dvd recorder,then you could record the recipes,and pause it,like another poster suggested.

woody16, Feb 10, 10:03am
''Surely you gotta record it so you can pause it!''
Yeah.and amazing how good leftovers taste.

shalema, Feb 10, 10:03am
That's a great idea actually.I don't know why I didn't think of that!

woody16, Feb 10, 10:05am
Bananas are good for you,everyone should have one a day.That is a good saver.a really good tip for all of us.thank you so much!