Finger food Lunch ideas for farm workers?

Page 2 / 2
daisyhill, Feb 8, 5:10am
Not true, rainrain1 - I have fed those to hungry hordes before! Just get plenty of cheese in :-)And there is a lot of eating for one person in a French stick no matter what the filling is.

rainrain1, Feb 8, 5:32am
Yea! Southerners would almost die laughing at the apple,

daisyhill, Feb 8, 6:21am
I doubt that's universally true, but how sad for those who miss out because they're afraid to try something a bit different or have some sort of reverse snobbery about eating anything "fancy" (not that apples are either different or fancy). Being so narrow-minded about food must make for a dull series of predictable meals.

Of course if somebody just wants the same sort of food all the time that does make it very simple to come up with a menu for them. Personally I'd rather have a bit of variety in life but you just go with whatever jangles your bangles!

rainrain1, Feb 8, 8:28am
Farm workers are more inclined to jangle their spurs than their bangles
You think we eat dull!You bet your life we don't

markshar, Feb 9, 8:04am
If I want to make a quiche a bit more filling I use sausage meat with a few flavours added instead of a pastry - precook it a bit and then put the filling in the middle. Its divine and great when you want a more hearty meal :)

uli, Feb 9, 8:16am

markshar, Feb 9, 8:23am
OMG meatzas look fantastic - will have to try those. I have done it in my quiche dish with the eggy filling so it was a bit different but definately going to try your suggestion :)

southerngurl, Feb 9, 9:00pm
The shearers always used to get the same thing at my parents place, but we loved it cos we got to have a go at the left overs.
Bacon and Egg pie, mince savouries, sausage rolls, club sammies, a pot full of savs, and bickies from mum's huge bikkie tin!