Problem with Parmco Oven

charmed14, Jan 25, 12:44am
My oven takes ages to reach temperature, and when it does it goes in and out of that temperature every 60-80 seconds.Landlord got someone to come and look at it and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, but the changed the thermostat anyway.It only improved a bit, but now it's back to doing the same thing and when baking cakes etc it is taking at least twice as long to cook anything.Has anyone had this problem!

farwest, Jan 25, 12:53am
Twice as long as what!

beaker59, Jan 25, 5:18am
No though did find setting symbols hard to understand are you using it properly! Do a google search for operating instructions.

esther-anne, Jan 25, 6:09am
I agree wholeheartedly with #OP.I had one a couple of years ago and frankly it was incomprehensible.We had the manual etc but truly it would need some sort of Einstein to work out what those symbols mean.And yes - it moved in and out of the required temperature all the time, I ruined more cooking with that oven than I have in my whole life.

Fortunately we bought elsewhere and I am reveling in the fabulous Bosch oven that is installed here.

charmed14, Jan 25, 6:14am
It's driving me nuts.Am a bit hesitant to go back to the landlord as I feel theyand the electrical company may think I am nuts!But I know what the bloody thing is and isn't doing.

esther-anne, Jan 25, 7:24am
go back to the landlord and email them this thread where someone totally unknown to you has also experienced hell with that oven.Hopefully others may join in at some stage - there must be others who feel as we do.When you live with the damn thing 24/7 you are fully aware of the frustration it causes.To make things worse when I had one the hob was those solid rings - took forever to heat up and a dangerously long time to cool down - always a danger of burning oneself, or a child doing that, on the residual heat.

Good luck with it all - hope you have understanding landlords who are, preferably, chefs lol!

kuaka, Jan 25, 5:52pm
How old is the oven!Is it still under warranty by any chance!Even if it's not, there's the consumer guarantees act whereby a product is supposed to give satisfactory performance for the expected life of that product, so it might pay to contact the manufacturers for advice.

crash01, Jan 25, 9:33pm
they are not a good oven we lived in a lane and evryone had the same oven some had replaced others used a less as posible in foud other ways to cook so yes they are a problem

celco, Jan 26, 1:53am
I love the Parmco brand & am saving up hard for my 900 Gas oven.Have you gone to the Parmco website & looked for help there!http://parmco.co.nz/supporthopefully that works, if not just go to there website & hit the support tab www.parmco.co.nz
Maybe if you found out as much info from parmco as possible before going to the landlord he won't think you are just complaining.

charmed14, Jan 26, 6:20am
Now I have had an apple crumble in the oven for half an hour and the crumble on top is not even cooking at all.

dezzie, Jan 26, 7:15am
are you sure the top element is working!

moore., Jan 30, 8:31am
we have a parmco oven and had alsorts of problems when first had it installed. the seals didnt work, the door didnt shut, it had condensation dripping from it. it all got fixed eventually, but it has always been really loud, lots of people comment on the noise but i am used to it now.

Cant wait for it to really break down so i can get another one.NOT Parmco.