NO FAIL SPONGE RECIPE PLEASE!!

svx1, Apr 25, 10:38am
I saw it a few weeks ago on the threads and I have gone back 50pgs and cant find it could someone please help? ? thanks

fifie, Apr 25, 10:42am
If you use the search function left side of your screen, Recipes, never fail sponge, Anytime, the thread will come up with the recipe in it, titled Never Fail Sponge. .

hezwez, Apr 25, 11:20am
The search function is excellent but this is the one from pam. delilah
Never Fail Sponge
Ingredients
4 eggs
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Tablespoon flour in cup. Fill up rest of cup with cornflour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon boiling water
Method
Beat 4 egg whites with 1 Tblspn of boiling water until stiff. Add 3/4 cup sugar slowly. Beat until dissolved. Mix in yolks one at a time. Put flour in a cup, fill up the rest with cornflour. Sift with baking powder. Fold into mixture. Put into two sponge tins and bake at 180&degC; for 20-25 minutes.
Drop sponges on bench when taken out of oven.

elliehen, Apr 25, 12:07pm
THis one came from the Foodie page of The Christchurch Press and is the best I've ever tried.

INFALLIBLE SPONGE
Assemble all ingredients and have eggs at room temperature
Sift 1/2 cup cornflour, 2 tsp ordinary flour & 1 tsp baking powder
Lightly grease 2 sponge pans and put baking paper in the bottom
Separate 3 eggs
Beat whites till soft peaks
Slowly add 1/2 cup caster sugar beating all the time
Add yolks and beat till rich mix
Add all sifted dry ingredients
Divide into two pans and whack each firmly on the bottom :)
Bake 180*C for 15 minutes
Whack each pan again on removing from the oven
Sit for 5 to 10 mins before removing from pans
Fill with fruit and whipped cream

cookessentials, Apr 25, 7:11pm
This is the recipe I have used ffor the last twenty odd years, it is a Margaret Fulton Recipe:
#

Sponge Cake 4 eggs;3/4 cup caster sugar'2/3 cup plain flour;1/3 cup cornflour;1 tsp baking powder. Put eggs into small bowl of electric mixer(or use electric hand beaters) beat on medium speed until mixture is thick and creamy. Mixture will rise almost to the top of the bowl;beating time is 5-8 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar, beat until sugar is dissolved. Sift dry ingredients several times so all ingredients are thoroughly combined.

With a spatula or a metal sppon fold in dry ingredients into egg yolk mixture. Do this lightly and quickly, so that the airy sponge mixture is not broken down, but make sure all flour is mixed in. Pour mixture evenly into two well-greased deep round cake tins. Bake in mod oven 20-25 mins, cake is cooked when it shrinks slightly from the side of the tin or when the top is pressed lightly with the fingertips, it springs back lightly and fingerprints leave no impression. cont... ...
Cover wire rack with a clean teatowel and turn cakes out of tins immediately they are cooked. Carefully invert so the tops of cakes are uppermost. When cold, spread one half with whipped cream and the other with passionfruit pulp or jam. dust top with icing sugar.

svx1, Apr 26, 2:12am
Hi guys thanks for the recipes much appreciated! ! The one I was looking for which I should have said at my first post is the one where you boil up sugar and water together does anyone have this one? ? ? cheers

unknowndisorder, Apr 26, 3:45am
Sponge Recipe

185gm sugar, 4 eggs separated, 185gm cornflour, 2 Tbsp water, 1 heaped teaspoon flour, 1 1/2teaspoon baking powder. Boil the sugar in the water to a syrup (I did it in the microwave). Beat the egg whites till stiff and slowly add the syrup mixture. Fold in the beaten egg yolks and the sifted other ingredients. Bake at 190c for 20 mins in 2 cake tins (these are huge sponges) Line tins with baking paper and spray or grease the sides of the tins.

svx1, Apr 26, 4:28am
Thankyou so much unknowndisorder than sounds like the one as it is very large and is fantastic! ! !

cookessentials, Apr 26, 4:32am
I might have to give this a go also, it sounds good and it is always handy to have a large sponge cake recipe when you need it.

svx1, Mar 6, 4:18pm
Yes i am going to make this week and I will get back to you all on how it goes! ! Thankyou ... .