Preserving Lemons

Page 2 / 4
vmax2, Jan 10, 9:34pm
I tasted mine this morning bean_pod.It looks so pretty and girly pink in the glass.Taste a little boring, but not unpleasant.I have heard that you should leave it in the fridge for a week and then taste it.Something to experiment with.

buzzy110, Jan 10, 10:48pm
Thanks for that. It is in the fridge so I will try it again next Thursday and see what I think.

vintagekitty, Jan 10, 11:17pm
How many Id's do you have!, Is TM ok with that

samanya, Jan 11, 3:30am
Looks like it!

uli, Jan 11, 3:37am
To me it looks like a whole lot of people have made beetroot kwass.
In fact I have made some too LOL :)
So do you now think I am buzzy as well !

It seems you have not enough life of your own vintagekitty if you are reading all sorts of things into others post.

There could be 10 more members out there trying this outrageously funny beetroot kwass for all you know!

vintagekitty, Jan 11, 9:30am
ha!, Funny the user name is disabled now, I dont usually respond to your bitter posts uli, but in this case, I will.how sad is it to make a second user name to agree with your first user names comments, as for ME getting a life, that is so so funny coming from you. Hahaha

nfh1, Jan 12, 10:02pm
LOL I was wondering how a thread on lemons could turn feral and have all the posts removed.So funny when posters forget which account they are posting under - think it has happened to this trader before!

davidt4, Jan 12, 10:34pm
I didn't think it was possible to have more than one identity on TM - wouldn't you need a different IP address!

nfh1, Jan 12, 10:37pm
I don't think TM check unless there is a problem - some people have business accounts and private accounts and others just create another account for 'different' reasons.Many people in the same household have different accounts, when my husband was thinking of having an account, I contacted TM and they said it was no problem at all - as long as the rules are obeyed of course.

bedazzledjewels, Jan 12, 10:43pm
Curiouser and curiouser.
DT4 - I'd like to know how you preserve lemons please!

davidt4, Jan 12, 11:15pm
I quarter them, put in a big bowl with a tab. of pure salt per lemon, rub the salt in vigorously and leave for an hour or so to soften.Then pack them tightly into glass jars with a few bay leaves, cinnamon stick and dried chillies per jar.Pour in the accumulated liquid from the bowl then top up each jar with more lemon juice so that the lemon pieces are completely covered.Put the lids on (screw-on plastic lids are best as they don't corrode) and leave in a cool dark place for a few months, turning the jars over every week or so to distribute the salt.After a few months the liquid will clear and thicken.Store in a cool dark place and use after three months.Don't use your fingers to pull pieces out of the jar, use a spoon.These will keep for years.

To use, scoop off the pulp and discard, rinse the peel in water.The peel is very salty so be careful when seasoning dishes that include it.

bedazzledjewels, Jan 12, 11:43pm
Thanks. Now I just have to get my lemon trees to produce lots of lemons!

elliehen, Jan 12, 11:54pm
Hilarious!I was a little suspicious earlier when this breathless new bean_pod person started asking so many patsy questions ;)

elliehen, Jan 12, 11:57pm
In one earlier case it was posting under its husband's second account and that second one was promptly deleted too.

pickles7, Jan 12, 11:59pm
There can be a problem when your family visits and use your computer.
I see it more as poor house keeping, being seen to be doing a job, its easypickings in the message boards.
More effort should be spent on those who bid up there own auctions using other user names. I knew someone with no less than 7 accounts, I actually found 5 before being told 7. It was easy !. That person still trades. Another I caught out using 2, he wassuch a trashy trader he has gone.

nfh1, Jan 13, 12:14am
This is why I only have one account, I would be like OP and forget who I was pretending to be!I have enough trouble remembering who I am some days already!

hezwez, Jan 13, 12:49am
Agreed nfh1! And while it's pathetically funny to create an account to be on "your side" in an argument, it's not as harmful as shill bidding is, and I agree with pickles post at #44 that trademe should put a concerted effort into catching and disabling those traders.

vintagekitty, Jan 13, 1:11am
I agree, there is a whitewear trader who does exactly that, I was reg buying fridges, washing machines, ovens etc for student rentals and I spotted someone doing exactly that. Over it, anyway I buy cheap new stuff now as bulk buying gives you just as good a price as a second hand one almost.

Anyway back to lemons:)

nfh1, Jan 13, 1:44am
Yes, I would also love TM to be pro-active about getting rid of the bad traders. But in the meantime traders beings caught out on the Boards provides a welcome relief.

pickles7, Jan 13, 4:48am
Yummmm, two more crayfish passed over our door step today. I decided to put those lemons to the test. Equal parts of sour cream and Mayo, 1 whole lemon peel, washed and chopped. [ I discarded the pulp ] It was a little lumpy so I whizzed it up with the stick blender, it tastes nice. I then added a chopped gherkin. DONE.
I will name this sauce. After its Debut.

elliehen, Jan 13, 5:29am
You are too kind, pickles;)

When the posting goes on and on and on and the poster is talking to its other identity!That sounds like an attempt to deceive, not "poor housekeeping".

elliehen, Jan 13, 5:33am
Maybe the poster in question could have chosen a username like sugar_ rushinstead of bean_pod to throw people off the scent ;)

kay141, Jan 13, 6:26am
Good one. It's not the first, probably won't be the last and there are some posting now in various threads who, in my opinion, are a bit suspect. Not quite as obvious though or if they are, I have missed it. They are very prolific in their posts and I don't have time to keep an eye on them.

esther-anne, Jan 13, 7:07am
Well well well - who would have thought that being curious about preserving lemons would lead to an answer about something that has been puzzling me.Why, on another thread, this beanpod (or whatever) was extremely unpleasant to me!Fancy verbally attacking someone whilst 'under cover'using a second nom-de-plume !Below the belt I reckon!

Back to the lemons people.

uli, Jan 13, 8:00am
Sounds to me as if no-one in here is actually interested in preserving lemons. I do them all the time but I do not have to gossip about bean_pods along the way.