Preserving Lemons

Page 4 / 4
esther-anne, Jan 15, 4:54am
'enriched' does not describe my feelings on the matter! 'enraged' might be more appropriate.How dare anyone insult someone else whilst using an assumed name!I would call it cowardly quite frankly.

But - one must move on or one is as stupid as the person who cons.And I'm trying to get my head around these lamb + preserved lemons recipes because they are a new terrain for me.How would they be with a fish dish!

uli, Jan 15, 5:01am
They would be lovely!

nfh1, Jan 15, 5:07am
LOL at enriched!

I cannot think of one single reason to create another ID to post on the Boards. I am happy to stand by my posts and do not feel any need to pretend to be someone else - others may feel differently of course, and obviously do.

pickles7, Jan 15, 5:12am
and 1/2 a cup of frozen blackberries.
Well that was nicer than I thought it may have been. I will try and get some pic's up in my blog. I grilled the meat, cooked then sieved the marinade.

davidt4, Jan 15, 5:40am
The chermoula recipe above is wonderful as a quick marinade for fish.Just slather fillets of fish with chermoula, you can leave it for up to 30 minutes or cook it straight away, fry or bake or grill the fish until barely opaque.

bev00, Mar 20, 10:09am
I've just preserved a couple of lemons. using an Annabel Langbein recipe.
Sliced the lemons lengthwise into 6 wedges each. Pack into sterile Jar. Add the juice of one lemon, and 2 heaped tsps salt, and a bay leaf. Add oil (bland, such as grapeseed/ ricebran) to cover. Looks lovely and pretty clear so far, with a bit of cloudiness on the bottom where the salt has settled.

Quotelyl_guy (312 )11:29 am, Sun 20 Mar #13
Ok, it is my understanding that preparing the lemons for preserved lemons is greatly enhanced by freezing the segmented lemons first. The theory I think is that the cell structure is deconstructed and this shortens the wait time for best usage. So, then defrost and pack salt into the lemons and continue the recipe. Hope this adds something to the thread.

Quoteallspices (428 )7:52 pm, Sun 20 Mar #14
I make preserved lemons for a market stall and never juice them. After packing in the quarters you will get some juice and then top sterlised hot jars up with boiling water. I have some now about 3 months old just starting to cloud as the salt brine has turned the skins into a 'flabby rubber' like texture and ready for use. Take them out of the jar and rinse them really well to remove the salt, and peel away the flesh. The trick to keeping them is once the jar is opened they must be fully covered so top up with water of you need to and keep sealed in the refridgerator.

Quotejulie55 (35 )3:58 pm, Mon 21 Mar #16