Ingredients

Makes 1 large loaf

2 cups Raw Sugar
2 cups bran or 1 cup bran, 1 cup oats
2 cups sultanas, or mixed dried fruit – apricots, craisins etc
2 cups milk
2 cups self raising flour

Method

Preheat oven to 150°C. Spray and line a large 8 cup loaf tin with nonstick baking spray and baking paper.

Mix raw sugar, bran, sultanas and milk. Stir well and put aside for a few minutes. Then mix in the self raising flour and pour into the prepared loaf tin. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.

Cool in the tin then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve buttered or plain. This keeps very well ad stays moist. It can be toasted or served as a base for fruit and icecream for a quick dessert. The same recipe makes 4 mini loaves using 2 cup sized tins. These will take 45 minutes to cook.

pam.delilah, Jul 6, 10:47pm
Raisin Oaty Biscuits

Ingredients

1 cup White Sugar
2 eggs
125 g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 ½ cups rolled oats
2 ½ cups flour
1 cup seedless raisins or sultanas

Method

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper or spray with non stick baking spray.

Place sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla in a food processor and mix until creamy. Add the rolled oats and flour to the food processor and mix. Add the raisins and, use the pulse button to just quickly mix them in. Don’t over process our you will chop up the raisins too small.

Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture on the tray, allowing a little room between for spreading. Dip a fork in cold water and press the biscuits flat. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack

pam.delilah, Jul 6, 10:51pm
Oaty refrigerate low fat muffins

Treacle gives these muffins a rich flavour, as well as enough colour to enable them to be microwaved. can refrigerate the uncooked mixture for a weekenjoy just a few freshly baked muffins each day.

1/2 cup treacle
11/2 cups baking bran (wheat bran) 1 cup boiling water
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbspvinegar
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups standard (plain) flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup oat bran
1/2 cup wheatgerm
11/2 tsp baking soda

Measuretreacle and bran into a large bowl. Pour overboiling water and mix until combined.
Coolabout 5 minutes.
Addsugar, vinegar, salt, eggs and milk and beat well with a fork.
In another bowl toss together the next five ingredients with a fork, mixing them well. Tip in the liquid ingredients and fold everything together, stirring only enough to combine . Cover and refrigerate overnight or for up to a week before baking.
Without further mixing, spoon mixture, as required, into lightly buttered or well sprayed muffin pans.

pam.delilah, Jul 6, 10:52pm
cont Bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes or until the centres spring back when
pressed. 'Refrigerate unused mixture promptly. To microwave 4 muffins, spoon 1/4 cup of mixture into mirowave muffin tray, and cook on High (100%) power for 2 minutes or until firm.

YIELD: About 30 regular muffins. SERVE: Warm, soon after cooking, for breakfast, morning coffee or brunch.

pam.delilah, Jul 6, 10:57pm
Oaty Pancakes
3\4 c oat bran or rolled oats
1\2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1\2 t salt
2 t sugar
3\4 c reduced fat milk
2 eggs
2 t vegetable oil
Cooking oil sprayfor cooking
Siftflour and baking powder into a bowl, then addoats, salt and sugar.

In a separate bowl mix eggs, milk, oil and beat well.

Make a well in middle of the bowl and add the egg, milk and oil mixture. Mix wellAdd a little extra milk if your mixture looks too thick

Lightly spray pan with cooking spray,
Pour a spoonful of mixture into heated pan, and spread to make a round pancake.

Flip carefully with a fish slice when bubbles appear and the under side is golden brown.

Repeat this process until you have cooked all your pancakes. You may have to add spray with cooking oil again to your fry pan if your pancakes start to stick.

Serve your pancakes with grilled bacon, melted honey, maple syrup, banana or any other fresh fruit.

pam.delilah, Jul 6, 11:14pm
Pear oatmeal cake

2 x 425g cans pear halves in syrup
90g rolled oats
125g)low-fat spread
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
150g firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
110g white self-raising flour
120g wholemeal self-raising flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger

Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a deep 23cm-square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper.

Drain pears over a small saucepan. Heat syrup with oats, remove from heat; stand 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat spread, essence and sugar in a small bowl until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.

Add oat mixture and combined sifted remaining ingredients, including the husks left in the sieve; stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan; place pears on top, cut-side down.

Bake for about 55 minutes or until cooked through. Serve cake warm, cut into 16 pieces.

dorothy_vdh, Jul 7, 1:50am
amourette I'll have to do it tonight, just remembered my offer but I have to go back to work now

bev00, Jul 14, 6:45am
another round

jenna68, Jul 19, 9:25pm
bumping for me to copy some of these :o)

bev00, Jul 26, 9:57pm
about to die :)

evenmore, Aug 2, 9:56pm
*** :)

colliers, Aug 2, 10:00pm
22. me too... . I just throw handfuls of moistened uncooked oats on the lawn for the sparrows, the minah birds cant be bothered with them... .

colliers, Aug 2, 10:01pm
Jenna ... . when I see recipes I want to keep I just send them to my Favourites and then print or copy them out at my leasure... . .

bev00, Aug 9, 10:54pm
too good to lose

firemansgirl, Aug 10, 4:42am
Anzac Biscuits The Edmonds Cookbook has a recipe for Anzac biscuits that uses rolled oats.

jenna68, Aug 14, 1:10am
thanks colliers, what a good idea. . sometimes something so simple eludes me lol - now why didn't I think of that hehe - hangs head in shame, DUH, thanks hun :o)

bev00, Aug 21, 6:30am
for lovers of oats

245sam, Sep 1, 11:09am
Honey Oat Squares 2&1/2 cups rolled oats, 3/4 cup wholemeal flour, 1 cup each of coconut and raw sugar, 225g butter, 2 heaped tbsp honey. Mix the rolled oats, flour, coconut and raw sugar together well. Gently melt the butter and honey together. Stir the melted ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Press the mixture evenly into a greased sponge roll tin. Bake at 180ºC for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Cut into squares while hot, then leave to cool in the tin. :-))

245sam, Sep 1, 11:13am
Nutty Flapjack 115g each of margarine and brown sugar, 1 tbsp golden syrup, 200g rolled oats, 55g salted peanuts (chopped). Carefully melt together the margarine, brown sugar and golden syrup. Add the rolled oats and salted peanuts. Bake in a small swiss roll tin at 180ºCfor about 20 minutes. Cut into fingers while hot and remove from the tin before cold. Note:Do not press the mixture into the tin too firmly. :-))

dutchapple, Sep 13, 9:06am
choc balls my kids love these and you can make them in no time put 50g butter 1/2c sugar 3/4 milk 1-2 tablespoons cocoa depends on your taste boil together make sure you blend properly or you get sour bits of cocoa add approx 2c rolled oats to soak up liquid you can add coconut mix together let cool roll into balls then into more coconut (if your allergic to coconut try cornflakes)you can add walnuts dried fruit etc

herika, Sep 17, 6:47pm
hi jenna bumping

jenna68, Sep 20, 11:02pm
*waves to herika* hello yourself :O)

bev00, Sep 28, 1:08am
again

bev00, Oct 12, 10:15am
**bump**

gr8stuf4me, Oct 24, 5:05am
Bev00, would you please share your sugar buns recipe that uses left over porridge, I always have leftover porridge and would like to try them. Thank you